Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have already been granted a years working holiday visa and was just wondering;

1) When I enter the country, I have to show proof of funds etc.

a) how is this done? Will I have to print out anything?

b) is it possible to use funds on a credit card, or does it all having to be savings and current account money?

2) I got a bit gung-ho about getting my visa application in - I have to enter the country by 28/02/2019 - is it possible to get that date pushed back a little, as I now have other work commitments and will likely have to fly to Australia for the weekend just to activate my visa.. which is expensive.

3) I turn 31 at the end of January.. will this cause problems if I enter the country after that date, even though my visa says I have until the end of February, and.. will I be able to apply for the 1 year visa extension if I do 3 months agriculture work?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
1 only if requested. All they want to know is that you've access to funds to support yourself.

2 date pushed back not really

3 you must be <31 at the time of application so it wont affect tgis visa, but at present you wouldnt be able to apply for the second whv, DO the farmwork anyway, it's a good experience and the age limit for whv may change.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
2. You can't change the dates and the 12-month clock starts ticking from the moment you enter Australia so there's little point in entering before you're ready to stay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.