Australia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to emigrate to Australia but the AITSL skills assessment states that I need a 4 year undergraduate teaching degree or a 3 year bachelor degree okie a post grad certificate in education.

Has anyone had the same issue and how did you resolve it?
Do I do another year of study even though I already have qualified teacher status in the UK?

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
I am looking to emigrate to Australia but the AITSL skills assessment states that I need a 4 year undergraduate teaching degree or a 3 year bachelor degree okie a post grad certificate in education.

Do I do another year of study even though I already have qualified teacher status in the UK?
Have you considered starting in the Childcare area, as a way to get in?

Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts

As AITSL says on their website: “QTS is the accreditation that enables you to teach in state-maintained and special schools in England and Wales. As QTS is not an academic qualification, AITSL cannot consider it as part of the skills assessment.“
Therefore, yes, you need to meet their criteria another way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you considered starting in the Childcare area, as a way to get in?

Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)

I haven’t actually looked into this. I’ve only looked at AITSL and ACWA so I’ll check it out, thank you! I

1 - 4 of 4 Posts