Australia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just wanted to post some timelines for anyone interested.
(I'm 24, British and while I took some intal advice from a Migration Agent, we made the application without one)

*Submitted a (mostly) complete PMV application on the 1st of May 2018.

*Updated the application with medicals and police checks for myself and
Australian partner 4 weeks later. - Medicals cost £350 through Spire Health Care (FYI - UK medicals are only permitted to be completed through Spire). Police were an additional £40. (Took about 2 weeks to come in the post).

*As of 21st of June, still no contact from CO application just states - Received.

*I'll upload as and when.

When I orginally submitted the application processing times were quoted at 11months (for quickest possible turn around) but that updated a few weeks later to 12 months.

I wish anyone applying for this the best. After being apart from my partner for 6 weeks now, I know how hard the wait is and this is just the tip of the ice berg. I'll be going to visit her soon then potentially wait out the rest of it working in NZ. (At least there, long distance is more viable). Note just because I applied in the UK doesn't mean I have to be IN the UK at grant. I just have to NOT be in Australia.

And just abit of advice for anyone reading this and considering traveling to and making an PMV application (onshore) while on a Tourist or Visitor Visa... DON'T DO IT. We considered it because of the appeal of the Bridging Visa, but after reading through The Migration Act and talking with a UK based Migration Agent you'll ulitimately just be wasting your time, your chance and your money.

Kind Regards,

Mitch

·
Registered
841 Posts
for the sake of clarity because the below comment doesn't match up. which subclass did you apply for?
if you applied for the PMV which is subclass 300 it can only be applied for offshore.
if you applied for the 309 over the 820 the requirements are the same it's just one is onshore one is offshore.
plenty of people apply for the 820 with no issues.
And just abit of advice for anyone reading this and considering traveling to and making an PMV application (onshore) while on a Tourist or Visitor Visa... DON'T DO IT. We considered it because of the appeal of the Bridging Visa, but after reading through The Migration Act and talking with a UK based Migration Agent you'll ulitimately just be wasting your time, your chance and your money.

Kind Regards,

Mitch

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Also, it's not 11 months as the quickest possible turn around. The way the times work is the first listed is the time that 75% of apps are processed and the second time is 90% of apps processed in that time.

So if you saw 11 months, that means the majority of applications are processed in 11 months or less (so 0-11 months). Only aboit 25% will take that time or longer.

In addition to the above comment for clarification, on this forum "PMV" refers to Prospective Marriage Visa and NOT Partner Migration Visa. So people refer to the 3 options as 300 or PMV, 820/801 or 309/100. And like already mentioned, the 820/801 and 309/100 are the same visas, just different subclasses as the former is onshore and the latter offshore. If you qualify for one, you qualify for the other so not sure how applying for the 820/801 would be "wasting your time, your chance, and your money."

Also for other readers, an Australian based migration agent would be the expert in immigration matters to Australia. I wouldn't recommend a foreign agent for such purposes. I'm sure many have used them successfully but I would much rather have someone who is more experienced in Australian migration handle my Australian migration visas.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I just realized your thread title says 300. The 300 route requires you to apply for the onshore 820/801 anyway. So if one already qualifies for the 820/801, there's no point in taking the 300 route as it's longer and more expensive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all,
Medicals cost £350 through Spire Health Care (FYI - UK medicals are only permitted to be completed through Spire).
Medical in Edinburgh isn't done through Spire - yes, it's done privately but not at any of the Spire clinics.

Good luck with your application. Seems like it's going to be a long wait for those of us waiting on a PMV 300 decision. No one seems to have had a PMV 300 decision through this financial year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts