Australia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my first post...hopefully I get this right (or close to right).

I applied for my 300 Visa on June 1, 2017.
I submitted my medical on June 9, 2017 (I now have concerns that I did the medical way too early - lesson learned?).
My fiance and I have hopefully submitted everything else they wanted/needed - affidavits from Australian citizens, copies of birth certificates and passports, photos of us together, a letter from our marriage officiant, my 80 form, etc. I submitted my criminal background checks from the FBI and New York State and he submitted his Australian federal check.

I have heard nothing since the automated confirmation that my application was received.

We are getting married on July 12, 2018 in Hawaii. We'll see if there's any chance of the 300 visa coming through before then or if we'll have to switch the application over. I have no idea how hard that will be.

One question for anyone who might know: I am going to be in Washington, D.C. in early June. Is there any point to updating my application to let Home Affairs know in case they want to interview me and that would be a convenient time? I do not have a case officer to contact directly (as far as I know).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts