Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Me (aus born) and my wife (thai) were planning to apply for an onshore partner visa this month but have just figured out that because of her "No futher stay" condition we cannot, this has put quite a large kink in our plans. Can somebody please give me some advice? because i'm quite confused as to how to proceed now.

The 309 offshore visa seems to be our only option but we are quite worried about being separated for a long period of time.

Can we apply for another 600 visa now onshore? or will she have to apply outside australia because of her current 600's no futher stay (it expires in january) Can you hold two 600 visas at the same time? If it is granted this will be her 3rd 600 visa, one granted in 2015, one in 2016 and one now.

Does the sequence that we apply for the 309 and the 600 have any bearing on their outcome? Should we apply for one before the other?

Also we are both currently unemployed, she left her job of 10 years last year to spend more time with me here in australia. and 6 months ago i was injured and have been unable to work, and have been claiming Newstart (with medical certificates) from Centrelink. Will this have any bearing on the outcome of our 309 application?

Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi, Me (aus born) and my wife (thai) were planning to apply for an onshore partner visa this month but have just figured out that because of her "No futher stay" condition we cannot, this has put quite a large kink in our plans. Can somebody please give me some advice? because i'm quite confused as to how to proceed now.

The 309 offshore visa seems to be our only option but we are quite worried about being separated for a long period of time.

Can we apply for another 600 visa now onshore? or will she have to apply outside australia because of her current 600's no futher stay (it expires in january) Can you hold two 600 visas at the same time? If it is granted this will be her 3rd 600 visa, one granted in 2015, one in 2016 and one now.

Does the sequence that we apply for the 309 and the 600 have any bearing on their outcome? Should we apply for one before the other?

Also we are both currently unemployed, she left her job of 10 years last year to spend more time with me here in australia. and 6 months ago i was injured and have been unable to work, and have been claiming Newstart (with medical certificates) from Centrelink. Will this have any bearing on the outcome of our 309 application?

Thank you for any input.
309 will take ages. I would have gone the 300 option if I had my time again.

My Thai wife of 2 years following 5 years ongoing relationship is still in limbo since October last year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

Thank you for any input.
No further stay means she cannot apply for another tourist visa while in Australia.
You cannot hold several tourist visas at the same time.
Applying for a tourist visa after lodging the 309/100 should not be too problematic.
Your income is irrelevant in regards to the partner visa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.