Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m an Australian citizen living in Thailand and about to start the process of applying for my husband (Italian) Aus partner visa. We have been together since 2012 and were married in Aus almost 2 years ago. We have a baby daughter who is an Aus citizen.

I’m debating whether to apply with an agent’s help or independently. Our case should be straight forward, however I was previously living in UAE and my husband was living in Ireland during the past 10yrs. I’m assuming we will need police checks for these countries as well as Thailand where we’ve been for past 5 years. Is it true that I, as my husband’s sponsor, will also need police checks?

Does anyone have experience getting police checks from UAE or Ireland? Could you please share any advice?

Also any advice on benefits of an agent in a case such as ours? Or should it be simple enough for us to handle on our own?

Hope to be able to help in return along our visa application journey.

Caroline

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife and I are just applying now for the 309/100 and she lived in PNG around 9 years ago and she has just sent off for her police check. I think it was introduced over the last couple of years. Currently PNG turnaround is about 36 months but we are using an agent which is on the ground. I am sure Ireland would be online process like the UK, but UAE might be different, i am sure there would be loads of answers on google.

We are just about finished with the application and ready to press pay, and it hasn't been too bad to be honest, just making sure all the boxes are ticked and you have evidence to prove the relationship, having a child obviously helps.

in the visa section loads of people are willing to give advice, it might be worth posting there.

Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Following as well.

Since we are pretty much almost identical in situation as you. We have a baby boy between us and have been married for almost 3 years, and currently lives in Japan. Although we're not planning on applying until the end of the year, so can't offer you much help here....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts