Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am an Australian permanent resident and originally from Afghanistan. I have sponsored my wife and four children through 309/100 visa offshore through Consulate General in Dubai.

It has been more than 6 months now that I have not heard back from the Immigration department. Me and my wife tried to submit all supporting documents, so hopefully it is not about further documentation.

Is there anyone who knows how long it takes for applications to be processed from Afghanistan?

I checked on department's website it says it will take upto 12 months.

Your replies are much appreciated.

Best,
MM:confused:

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
If your wife is also from Afghanistan, 12 months might actually be optimistic. You could be waiting even longer than that, unfortunately. It's the security checks that hold up the process for people from countries considered very high-risk.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I agree with CG. There was another applicant that applied through dubai and they didn't get contacted until maybe 9 months when they were interviewed.

I imagine your wife would be looking at 12-18 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

Yes, my wife is from Afghanistan. But we have submitted the Police clearance together with the application. Plus, Afghan women don't even venture out of the houses most of the time. So I imagine the decision makers/case officers would know that if anything, Afghan women would be the last to get involved in trouble things.

Is it a good idea for me to submit pictures of me with my wife and our four children as we met in India (she didn't have visa to come to Australia and I cant go to Afghanistan), so we met in India a month after we lodged our application. We missed eachother as I have been away from them for about a year.

The application we have submitted includes lots of our pictures and even our wedding video, but I am wondering whether I should submit pictures of the last meeting as well and send it to the Consulate General in Dubai.

Thank you guys!
Feeling depressed with being away from them for long time.:(

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
It is a mandatory requirement that they undergo security checks before the visa can be granted. Being a woman will not change it.

Security checks and police checks are different.

Yes I would submit the extra evidence. High Risk countries require a higher burdon of proof than low risk countries.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Mish for your response, I very much appreciate it!

I will put together the documents and submit the additional pictures etc. What about emails we exchange, skype, and facebook posts between me and my wife? Wouldnt the case officer have access to those things anyways?Should I submit these as well?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Did you submit any skype, emails or Facebook with the application? If yes just submit since application. If no, submit it all. The co only had access to what you submit to them.

Though remember to submit an extract not the entire chat log.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

Thanks again for your continued guidance.

Yes, we had submitted Skype and Emails with our application. I have been counting on the departments time schedule which says it will take upto 12 months for cases from high risk countries.

But it appears that it will be more than that, are there any other people from Afghanistan who have shared their situation? do you know?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Sorry haven't heard of anyone from Afghanistan applying so unsure how close they are to the 12 months. Unfortunately, it all depends on the security checks. I would imagine getting the information from Afghanistan is not fast due to the problems. Hopefully for you it is fast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you very much.

Are there any other threads that I need to follow? and what else do you think I need to include with my supporting documents apart from FB, Skype, emails and photos. Any suggestions that you think may be helpful?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Maybe do a search for Afghanistan and see if anything recent comes up.

More statements never hurt. Also I also included boarding passes and travel itinerary too. Also hotel receipt if you have that.

Do you transfer money to your wife? Records of that will help too. Do either of you have wills? If so that as well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My husband is from Pakistan and I am an Australian citizen. We have been waiting for 9-1/2 months after submitting all required documentation and police clearance certificates with our application last May 2013.
If I was in your shoes, I would ask about your wife filling in Form 80, if the CO hasn't already asked you to do that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you very much for your reply!

your husband being from Pakistan, does it mean that you guys have to also through consulate general in Dubai or the high commission in Islamabad?

We have submitted a form 80 with our application, The consulate general has not got back to us at all since the past 6 months. Have you guys heard anything at all from your case officer?

Thanks,
MM

·
Registered
107 Posts
We are going through the Australian High Commission, Islamabad, Pakistan.

We heard from the CO after a couple of months, then heard nothing for 6-7 months when they requested Form 80.

My husband has been invited for an interview at the end of this week (9-1/2 months since our application was officially lodged).

Our CO informed us that the decision on the visa will take 12 months.

It is good that you submitted a Form 80 with your application because that will save you some waiting time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
friend i am not sure about 12 months, may be it is 12 months for partner visa. But i know for sure it is taking 2 years for JUST security clearance for Pakistani applicants.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have been waiting for my husband's visa for the past 13 and half months. He is living in Afghanistan and I asked my case officer when my case was referred to security check he said 26th of february 2013 so now its nearly 13 months, but still no respond from ASIO. We are so uncertain when he will get it. It can take upto 18 months.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Iam afghan and My wife is australian and i lodged docs since 25 aug 2013 and still waiting for mendotry checks and almost waiting since 18 months not heard any thing so still on wiating list we farquently meeting in i afghanistan india pakistan and Dubai i knows very hard to been awy from you are soul mate

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi mm82

I'm in the same boat. I've just submitted my husband's 309 application to Dubai. He is in Afghanistan and I'm his sponsor in oz.

How are you going with your wife's application, any updates ??

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.