Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have applied offshore partner visa with all the solid evidences on 4/02/2014 from India and got acknowledgment on 19th feb 2014. I applied onshore visa in Australia before but unfortunately they said I didn't meet the criteria of two years of de facto relationship. That's why I had to withdraw my file.My partner & I was living together in Australia for 1.7yrs. Since then I have t heard anything yet. My migration agent said looking at my file which was almost decision ready included my medical and police which was done in Australia, it would take only three months. Apparently it's going to be complete six months on 4th august. Is there anyone who applied start of this year and got the visa approved. Please suggest how long it can take upto!! Your help would be much appreciated.i am really frustrated now coz when I. Was going to apply everyone said it would only take three months or so, and I agreed to it. Missing my partner now and this immi doesn't care about the sentiments. Please suggest if emailing them about how I feel would of any help or just waste attempt馃槳

Registered
Welcome to the Forum

Sorry I meant after the acknowledgment on 19th feb 2014 since then I haven't heard anything !!
Hey KomalAujla,

Welcome to the Forum!! :):)

As per the latest update, AHC New Delhi is allocating case officers to December 2013 applications. You might have to wait another month or so to get a CO allocated to your file.

AHC New Delhi recently increased the case officer allocation time frame to 30-31 weeks since date of application. Below is the link from their website that has detailed information on processing time frames:-
CURRENT AVERAGE PROCESSING TIMES - Australian High Commission

The increase in time frame is most probably because of the increase in the volume of applications lodged and the lack of officers to process them.
Kindly post on the thread made for applicants from India, below is the link:-
http://www.australiaforum.com/visas...rtner-visa-309-india-2014-a-2.html#post519665

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.
Hope this helps. Good Luck! Please keep us updated. Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,
Becky

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh that's so kind of you Becky! Your reply has given me hope that it's not too long now . So I should wait for another month or so I guess!! Gosh I hope this time passes by soon, it's the toughest time of my life. I am away from my partner since feb�� how long will they take to finish December and January month!! Is there any way where we can check which month they are upto anytime!! Sorry just asking coz of curiousity!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much Becky!! The information you have given is sheer satisfying 😊
Also is there anyway we can check how long will it take them to finish December and January month?! I have got little hope that it won't take much longer now! Dying to be with my partner😔 I hope that they will be quick as!! Hun have you got yours done yet? Good luck darl!!

Registered
still waiting for acknowledgement letter

Hello all,
I lodged my application for partnet visa from India. which was recived by New Delhi on 15th of May today it is 2 month i have not even received acknowledgement letter, i don't know how long will it take for my process to get started. This is really hard to get through this painfull period. can someone tell me how this process works. Thankyou

Registered
Thank you so much Becky!! The information you have given is sheer satisfying 😊
Also is there anyway we can check how long will it take them to finish December and January month?! I have got little hope that it won't take much longer now! Dying to be with my partner😔 I hope that they will be quick as!! Hun have you got yours done yet? Good luck darl!!
Hey KomalAujla,

No worries KomalAujla. Happy to help.
I unfortunately am not sure how long AHC will take to clear December 2013 and January 2014 case officer allocations.
I can keep you updated if that helps.

I have a case officer, I'm still waiting for my visa. My timeline is in my signature below. It has all my details.

Good Luck! And please keep us updated. Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,
Becky

Registered
Welcome to the Forum

Hello all,
I lodged my application for partnet visa from India. which was recived by New Delhi on 15th of May today it is 2 month i have not even received acknowledgement letter, i don't know how long for me to get my process started. This is really hard to get through this painfull period. can someone tell me how this process works. Thankyou
Hey waitng,

Welcome to the Forum!! :):)
AHC New Delhi is taking 30-31 weeks since date of application to allocate case officer to an application that is roughly 217 days maximum.
Below is the link from AHC New Delhi website which has the current processing time frames of the services they provide:-
CURRENT AVERAGE PROCESSING TIMES - Australian High Commission

As for acknowledgement letter, AHC New Delhi doesn't send it to every applicant. You can call them and check for your peace.

Sorry for being the bearer of bad new but you have a long wait ahead of you. I'd suggest you take up a hobby or something cause this process can drive a person insane especially the lack of communication from AHC's end is the cause of more stress and depression. Current indicative processing time frame as per AHC New Delhi is 8-11 months. The global standard processing time frame as per DIBP is 12 months.

Keep yourself busy and you won't even feel this waiting time.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Kind Regards,
Becky

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Omg you are such a darling!! Thanks for the information!! That was a great help!! Why your case is been so long? I hope your visa soon too!!馃槃
Yes please keep us updated if possible!

Registered
Thankyou Becky,
Thankyou for sharing your knowledge with me, I was frustrated with the wait as i was waiting for acknowledgement letter everyday, so that i could get the medical done. this is really frustrating period for both of us. I will act on your advise. I would try and get PCC done in the mean time so that i don't make the case officer wait for those documents. Thanking you
Waiting

Registered
Omg you are such a darling!! Thanks for the information!! That was a great help!! Why your case is been so long? I hope your visa soon too!!锟斤拷
Yes please keep us updated if possible!
No worries, I'll keep you updated. You might have to wait for another 4-5 weeks roughly to get a CO. Not long to go now considering how long you've already waited.

My CO has requested a new Indian PCC as the one I submitted at the time of application has now expired. So to apply for a PCC from the PSK I must have all the personal details updated then only my PSK will issue me the PCC. I don't have husband's name and my new current address in my passport, so I will have to apply for a re-issue the appointment date for which is on July 18 (had to wait for a month and a half to get appointment date). Once PSK updates my personal details and re-issues my passport, then I will be able to apply for the PCC.

My first Indian PCC was issued by the High Commission of India, Canberra as my passport was renewed from there.

Once the CO is allocated, things move along fairly quickly, that's if there are no complications in your case.
Good Luck!! Hope you get a CO soon.

Kind Regards,
Becky

Registered
Thankyou Becky,
Thankyou for sharing your knowledge with me, I was frustrated with the wait as i was waiting for acknowledgement letter everyday, so that i could get the medical done. this is really frustrating period for both of us. I will act on your advise. I would try and get PCC done in the mean time so that i don't make the case officer wait for those documents. Thanking you
Waiting
No worries, happy to help :)
Good Idea!! :) Get the PCC and collect other additional documents that the CO could request in the mean time. Depending on PSK, the PCC can take some time as well.

Call AHC and let them know that you haven't received an acknowledgement letter and HAP ID. Sometimes they act on such calls and send off the requested documents to the applicant not long after that.
Hope this helps. Good Luck! Please do keep us updated. Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,
Becky

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi there,
I have read the same as yours! The other applicant called them and they issued the acknowledgment after the call! Just saying there's no harm in calling and ask them! Good luck

Registered
Thanking you again,
I hope you are right. I will be happy if i get CO appointed in 4 to 5 weeks. i will keep you updated with the progress of my application. wishing you very best in the future
Waiting

Registered
Thanking you again,
I hope you are right. I will be happy if i get CO appointed in 4 to 5 weeks. i will keep you updated with the progress of my application. wishing you very best in the future
Waiting
Thanks!! And same to you. Keep praying and have faith in the Almighty

Kind Regards,
Becky

Registered
Thankyou,
I will send them e mail and if they don't send me acknowledgement with in this week i will call them. So that i can get the medical done. i have booked the appointment with PSK for PCC. Thankyou very much

Registered
Thankyou,
I will send them e mail and if they don't send me acknowledgement with in this week i will call them. So that i can get the medical done. i have booked the appointment with PSK for PCC. Thankyou very much
Email and then call to double check that they have received your email.
Email alone won't do much as AHC New Delhi workers seem to ignore emails unless the applicant calls them.

Good Luck!!

Kind Regards,
Becky

Registered
Thanks Becky,
I will call them and keep you informed, i am new to this forum. Can you guide me how can i ask you for your giudence in future. Is there any way i can directly ask you my questions? Thanking you againg
Waiting

Registered
Thanks Becky,
I will call them and keep you informed, i am new to this forum. Can you guide me how can i ask you for your giudence in future. Is there any way i can directly ask you my questions? Thanking you againg
Waiting
No worries!! Good Luck with everything.

You can post on this thread or the below mentioned thread which is for applicants from India:-
http://www.australiaforum.com/visas...rtner-visa-309-india-2014-a-2.html#post519665

Or you can private message me.
Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Becky

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.