Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

First off I just wanted to say great forum it's definitely been extremely helpful sorting through the confusion that is visas. We're currently getting ready to submit my husbands 309/100 partner visa and those four little sections for evidence of the relationship are giving me an absolute headache!

We've been married for six years and have five year old twin boys together but as far as paperwork tying us together there is surprisingly little. Ours is currently a more traditional marriage where my husband works and I stay home with the kids.

So far we have:

Marriage Certificate
Children's Birth Certificates
Joint Lease
Husbands Life Insurance Policy with me as the beneficiary
Photo album with a selection of photos from the start of our relationship until now
2x Stat Decs/888
Our personal statements

I've thought about including:

Highlighted statement from husbands bank account (He has an account that is linked to his business that we use for day to day expenses)
Emails addressed to both of us from the children's school, speech therapist etc.
Extra statements from friends and family here in South AfricaWhat is the recommended format for these and should we also get them certified?

After that I am completely drawing a blank. Main utilities tend to remain in the landlords name in our area and a lot of our other stuff is listed under my husbands business for tax purposes :rolleyes:

Any recommendations on what else we can include would be great. I don't want to go overboard but I also don't want our application rejected due to lack of evidence.

Also since I am the sponsor (Australian citizen by birth) and have lived outside of Australia for nearly seven years what will I have to include to prove that I can undertake sponsorship?

Thank you for your help and sorry for the long post :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi Everyone,

First off I just wanted to say great forum it's definitely been extremely helpful sorting through the confusion that is visas. We're currently getting ready to submit my husbands 309/100 partner visa and those four little sections for evidence of the relationship are giving me an absolute headache!
Those sections are anything but "little" and should be treated very seriously. Not saying that you aren't, but there's a significant amount of time that goes into that. My partner and I have heaps of documentation and somehow it doesn't feel like enough.

We've been married for six years and have five year old twin boys together
On the plus side, it looks like you qualify as a long term relationship.

"If, at the time you apply, you have been in a long term relationship with your partner, your permanent Partner visa (subclass 100) will be granted immediately after the temporary Partner visa (subclass 309)"

Criteria from the DIBP site:

- Three years or more
- Two years or more and you and your partner have a dependent child of your relationship.
- You will need to provide documents that show you have been in your relationship for this length of time and if applicable, that you have a dependent child.

But as far as paperwork tying us together there is surprisingly little. Ours is currently a more traditional marriage where my husband works and I stay home with the kids.
That's not a bad thing. Just make sure that in each of your statements in nature of the relationship, you outline that.

So far we have:

Marriage Certificate
Children's Birth Certificates
Joint Lease
Husbands Life Insurance Policy with me as the beneficiary
Photo album with a selection of photos from the start of our relationship until now
2x Stat Decs/888
Our personal statements
You're applying for the subclass 309/100, so it's safe to assume you're applying outside of Australia. If you have traveled as a family to Australia (or anywhere) make sure you include that in your application in the social aspects and/or the nature of the relationship if you were visiting with family in Australia.

I've thought about including:

Highlighted statement from husbands bank account (He has an account that is linked to his business that we use for day to day expenses)
Emails addressed to both of us from the children's school, speech therapist etc.
Extra statements from friends and family here in South AfricaWhat is the recommended format for these and should we also get them certified?
Those are all great things to include. Anything addressing you both, especially in relation to the children of the relationship helps. Is there any mail, greeting cards or invitations you've saved that are addressed to both of you? As far as statements from people in South Africa, it certainly doesn't hurt to have them. My partner and I have four stat decs from her friends and family in Australia and three from our friends and family in Canada. We certified the ones from Canada just to be safe, even if we didn't need to. If that's an option for you, it doesn't hurt.

As far as the format, for our Australian stat decs, we used the template of stat decs from the state of Queensland. Perhaps a google search on a template from South Africa would give you an idea as to how you should format them?

After that I am completely drawing a blank. Main utilities tend to remain in the landlords name in our area and a lot of our other stuff is listed under my husbands business for tax purposes :rolleyes:
Perhaps a statement from your landlord would help bridge the gap here? Something simple, even.

Any recommendations on what else we can include would be great. I don't want to go overboard but I also don't want our application rejected due to lack of evidence.
This is what our documentation looks like.

Applicant

Address, Evidence Of:

Mail (to Applicant) - x 2 (different dates)

Birth or Age, Evidence Of

Birth Certificate

Character, Evidence Of

Police Check
Driving Record
Medical Check

Citizenship, Evidence Of

Passport

Identity, Evidence Of

National ID Card

Photograph (Not PDF, actual pictures)

Passport Photos
Visa Photos

Relationship, De Facto, Evidence Of

Table of Contents:
Statement about the Relationship
Lease Agreement (x2)
Joint Bank Statements
Joint Mail
Significant Events (included in statement)
Correspondence with Sponsor's Family Overseas

Joint Travel Document

Plane Tickets
Plane Ticket Confirmations
Itinerary Changes
Cruise Documents
Cruise Photos
Passport Stamps - Cruise

Contact While Apart (Not sure this applies to you)

Text Messages
Emails
Letters
Post Cards
Pictures

Couple Are Living Together

Lease Agreement 2016
Lease agreement 2017
Joint Bank Account Statement Showing Rent coming out of account each month.
Joint Mail
Packages from Family Overseas
Online Purchases addressed to both
Purchases from Joint Account that correspond to purchases addressed to both of us.

Financial Aspects of the Relationship

Statement
Joint Bank Account Statements
E-Transfer Email into Joint Account
Paying Rent via Joint Account
Online Purchases from Joint Account
Invoices from Online Purchases (Made via Joint Account)

Form 888 - Stat Dec (x4)

Length of De Facto Relationship, Evidence Of

Statement
Lease Agreement (x2)
Statement from our Landlord

Nature of Couple's Household

Statements on the following:
Living Arrangements
Housework
Household Bills
Mail or Email to Both
Joint Responsibility of Children

Nature of Couple's Commitment to Each

Statement on the following:
Nature of Relationship
Knowledge of Personal Circumstances:
Background and Family Situation
Combined Personal Matters
Wills - Super

Social Aspects of the Relationship, Evidence Of

Rec Centre Agreement
Pictures
Hockey Games:
Concerts
Joint Travel
Statement About Trip
Plane Tickets
Passport Stamps
Pictures
ETA Proof of Payment (Joint Account)
ETA
Hire Car Agreement

We've trimmed it down further from what is above, I just can't remember off the top of my head what is out; likely the duplicated items.

I hope that helps a bit. I'm not an expert by any means, but this is the right place to be when looking for this information. Lots of informative and helpful people are these parts.

If you're really at a loss, I would strongly suggest speaking to a RMA. There are a few great ones who frequent these parts. A consultation with one of them could save you a lot of money, time and unneeded stress!

Reactions: eihdiho
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.