Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My wife and I have applied for a visa. Long story short under the advice from our immigration agent we’ve applied for the 309/100 offshore visa. It’s just turned 11 months and so far our agent has advised that there hasn’t been a case officer assigned yet.

Just curious if this is normal?
I know immigration are busy but wanted to get your thoughts.

I live in Australia while my wife is currently in Hong Kong. Our agent is handling the application from Australia.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfectly normal.

Your agent should be able to tell you it's normal too
after all it is what you pay them for.
Thank you. I was getting worried when she was sent me a picture where it said it was no case officer assigned yet.

Appreciate your response.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
If you are really bored you could spend some time here going through old posts, there's hundreds of them where people never had contact from Immi nor a status change on their account and all of a sudden out of the blue BOOM! Grant letter.

To quote someone that had their 801 granted today after 11 months of waiting having been asked where they notified when they were assigned a case officer.

"No! Been checking every day and it said "Received" this morning, then got the grant at lunch and it changed to "Finalised""

·
Registered
841 Posts
that would make me worry as there is no way of knowing if there is a CO allocated. so nothing for the agent to take a screen shot of........

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are really bored you could spend some time here going through old posts, there's hundreds of them where people never had contact from Immi nor a status change on their account and all of a sudden out of the blue BOOM! Grant letter.

To quote someone that had their 801 granted today after 11 months of waiting having been asked where they notified when they were assigned a case officer.

"No! Been checking every day and it said "Received" this morning, then got the grant at lunch and it changed to "Finalised""
That would be my dream come true. It's been so long. We've waited 11 months already so hopefully won't be much longer.

Since my agent was authorised to submit our application I guess she will receive any notifications first?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
that would make me worry as there is no way of knowing if there is a CO allocated. so nothing for the agent to take a screen shot of........
Unless the screenshot is of correspondence between the agent and the department :)

But now you say that my interest is also piqued!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apologies I should have been more clear. She sent a picture where it said "Received" I just assumed that if a case officer was assigned then it would have said something different.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
That would be my dream come true. It's been so long. We've waited 11 months already so hopefully won't be much longer.

Since my agent was authorised to submit our application I guess she will receive any notifications first?
More then likely, mine did. I only knew I'd been granted cause vevo gave me an error message (like this but not the right wording by a long way as I don't recall it)

Error the reference number provided is not linked to a current visa

- at that point you know a decisions been made, either that or vevo has had its yearly break down and is recovering with alcohol and chocolates for the day.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Apologies I should have been more clear. She sent a picture where it said "Received" I just assumed that if a case officer was assigned then it would have said something different.
Nah not really, there's a few stages it goes through but as they don't always select the stage it's made them kind of irrelevant. They have also been through a wording change recently which got quite a few people's hopes up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah not really, there's a few stages it goes through but as they don't always select the stage it's made them kind of irrelevant. They have also been through a wording change recently which got quite a few people's hopes up.
Ohk so I guess "Recieved" is a broad term
that means it could be anywhere in its stages?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Ohk so I guess "Recieved" is a broad term
that means it could be anywhere in its stages?
In theory yes, I assume they manually change the status and either don't bother to, aren't required to or forget to do it.

"Further assessment" is another of the common ones.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Yeah mine sat at received all the way to grant. Some people it changes to further assessment and sits for months. I don't bother checking th status.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. My wife and I have applied for a visa. Long story short under the advice from our immigration agent we've applied for the 309/100 offshore visa. It's just turned 11 months and so far our agent has advised that there hasn't been a case officer assigned yet.

I live in Australia while my wife is currently in Hong Kong. Our agent is handling the application from Australia.
Hi, I have the same situation and applied in November 2017. We have not had any case officer assigned yet. Any luck with the case officer?

Thanks,
Murad

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello. My wife and I have applied for a visa. Long story short under the advice from our immigration agent we've applied for the 309/100 offshore visa. It's just turned 11 months and so far our agent has advised that there hasn't been a case officer assigned yet.

Hi, I have the same situation and applied in November 2017. We have not had any case officer assigned yet. Any luck with the case officer?

Thanks,
Murad
Hi Murad,

After 13 months we have finally been assigned a case officer. She has requested further information which we have submitted. Hopefully it will go quickly and smoothly from here.

Good luck and hope you get an officer soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Murad,

After 13 months we have finally been assigned a case officer. She has requested further information which we have submitted. Hopefully it will go quickly and smoothly from here.

Good luck and hope you get an officer soon.
Thanks Echy and good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.