Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

309/100 spouse visa from Australian High Commission, Islamabad, Pakistan?

91K views 225 replies 59 participants last post by  auspak19jan 
Unfortunately Pakistan is usually 18-24 months because of external security checks, so you may be in for quite a long wait. :(

Unfortunately there's no set time for the external checks... sometimes they don't send them out until six months after application. It would be very, very uncommon (pretty much unheard of) for security checks for Pakistan to come back this quickly.

From what we've seen it take for Pakistani applicants on this board.

Unfortunately if your visitor visa is rejected there's really nothing you can do but wait. How are you applying for a PMV if you've already applied for a spouse visa, though? You can't apply for a PMV if you're already married.

Why was your spouse visa rejected? Are you and your partner not legally married or....?

Reactions: lulu1988
Thanks for the support, everyone, and the kind words. We've recently seen some faster Pakistan grants, and for that I'm really happy. But previously, if you go back through numerous old threads, you'll see that is not always the case. If you were to add up all the posters we've seen here with grants that took 12 months or longer, you'd see where I got that idea. Processing times change at embassies ALL the time, but they almost always go up instead of down. I'm glad for you guys that there have been shorter grants recently, but I hesitate to suggest to new posters on the forum that they can expect that kind of processing time until we've seen it more consistently. I like to err on the side of caution. I would much rather have applicants expect their visas to take longer and be happily surprised that they get them sooner, than have them sell their houses and quit their jobs because they think they'll have a grant in six months, and then find themselves homeless and jobless for another year because their grant took so long. Just my opinion. If you disagree, that's fine, as long as it's done politely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.