Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi,

after further assessment how long does it take to grant visa?

thanks
A
There is no set time of how long it will take. Some of status' stay the same until a visa is finished processing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Status

I've been waiting since October 4th 2017... We've probably both still got a while to wait yet my friend!
Hi Holly,

You applied a few days before my partner and l submitted our 309 application. l was wondering if your status is still under the application received category?

FYI - we applied in the USA.

Thanks,

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Holly,

You applied a few days before my partner and l submitted our 309 application. l was wondering if your status is still under the application received category?

FYI - we applied in the USA.

Thanks,
Hi guys

We applied 2nd Oct for 309 and still heard zilch.

I'm an Aust citizen by birth, have paid my taxes since I was a kid, work full time, never brake the law and am legally married here almost 2 years. we have a 7 year history all supplied and after 8 months waiting and apart,and we have no joy at all from our own govt.

All the Canadians and Brits who joined this forum well after us have since had their applications granted, often the 100 PR stage at the same time and in light speed timeframes. I have screen shots of one approval announced within 4 weeks of application...for a PR!!

There is a clear inconsistency in the approval process.

It may not be intentional or systematic, but it is there nonetheless and the stress and financial strain of it has really impacted our relationship and feelings to the country

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
While it is unfortunate to have to wait, it is the norm and the long process is made clear and upfront by the gov't on the immigration website so there's no reason for it to come as a surprise. People that get them quickly are just plain lucky. Some people have waited over 2 years and you're only 6 months in.

Be careful what you say on public forums. People have had issues with visas for badmouthing the process, most recently someone who complained about PR wait times. I'm sure you can research their post for yourself to see the outcome. Wouldn't be hard to figure out who people are based on information given publicly.

So yes, it sucks that some people wait longer than others. But there's nothing anyone on here can do for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum. I have logged my application on 18th april 2017 and still waiting for a visa. On April 2018 my application status changed to Further assessment. and the timeframe is showing 11 to 13 months.
Does anyone know how long does one has to wait after Futher assessment status.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Does anyone know how long does one has to wait after Futher assessment status.
From what I can tell and what we've seen lately, it appears that "Further Assessment" has been added to the application screen as a part of a system update. Not to discourage you or get your hopes up, but it could still be a while.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine still says "Received" and has since November

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys
I lodged my application on 24 oct 2017
Did my medical check up on 18 january 2018

The current processing time for 309 is 10-13 months
Hopefully we can receive the golden mail very soon, its very hard to stay apart expecially i just loss my beloved mum 2 months ago and loss my grandfather last week 🙏🏼
Its been hard and stressful for me

·
Registered
49 Posts
I applied in August 2017 and my status has been updated to Further assessment.

Is there a way to contact the Case Office assigned to my application?

There is an online inquiry form but it is only to inquire about the stage 2 permanent visa. Since the first stage is provisional we can not use the form below

I am not allowed to post links so Google for the following:
Partner (permanent) processing centres enquiry form

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
If people had the ability to call their COs directly, partner visas would never get processed.

If they need something, they'll contact you. Until then, sit tight and hope for the golden email.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If people had the ability to call their COs directly, partner visas would never get processed.

If they need something, they'll contact you. Until then, sit tight and hope for the golden email.
tried to contact through the enquiry forms for second stage but i just got an automated response

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
As you are well within the standard processing times you will only get an automated response,the current processing time is 12 to 15 months,these times are indicative only, and show that they complete 75% of applications within 12 months and 90% within 15 months, they are not a deadline, so you potentially may have quite some time to wait.
You can always see the current wait times at https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/abou...bal-visa-citizenship-processing-times#VisaApp

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey

Date submitted: 22nd aug 2017

Asked for more info: 6 jan 2018

Submitted them within 3 weeks

i haven’t heard anything else after that. Have sent them emails asking if they want more information but no communication from immigration since asking for more papers Has Anyone had anything something similar like this?

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
Hey

Date submitted: 22nd aug 2017

Asked for more info: 6 jan 2018

Submitted them within 3 weeks

i haven't heard anything else after that. Have sent them emails asking if they want more information but no communication from immigration since asking for more papers Has Anyone had anything something similar like this?
Yes, a lot of people, if you read my previous post you will se you are in a similar position.
Check this link for current processing times.
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about...-times#VisaApp

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are the long wait times due to visa quotas ?

Is the Australia Partner visa fee AUD $7000 the highest in the word?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi...

my husband's application has turned to 'further assessment ' from 'initial assessment' after we clicked the 'I confirm I have provided information as requested'...i hope everything will be okay for us all...

thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All

We recently uploaded evidence for subclass 100 in late July. We did police cert and everything as instructed on the checklist, then the status straight went to "Further Assessment" within days! Is this normal?? Do officers change those status manually?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.