Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum.
My partner is from England and we applied for the 309/100 visa on the 26th of March 2018. We were requested to do the medical instantly after applying and we had that done on the 6th of April.

Since medicals are only valid for 12 months will this more than likely mean our visa will be approved before April 2019 since it was requested? Or is there a possibility we'll need to get another medical done if it's not approved by then?

We're just really looking forward to the move and we're trying to stay optimistic! My UK working visa expires on the 3rd of Jan 2019 so we really hope it's approved before I have to move home!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi everyone,

My partner is from England and we applied for the 309/100 visa on the 26th of March 2018. We were requested to do the medical instantly after applying and we had that done on the 6th of April.

Since medicals are only valid for 12 months will this more than likely mean our visa will be approved before April 2019 since it was requested? Or is there a possibility we'll need to get another medical done if it's not approved by then?

We're just really looking forward to the move and we're trying to stay optimistic! My UK working visa expires on the 3rd of Jan 2019 so we really hope it's approved before I have to move home!
Hi.

How about the Police clearance? Have you been asked for that?

Any other communication from the department? Any problems in the medicals?

I am in the same boat and wondering how to plan our date of departure based on when the department cleared my medicals. It is really difficult to manage things like work contracts and house leases without any visibility.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi everyone,

Was the medical request via email from a CO? If not, then it's likely you just saw the generic action required to do the medical that everyone gets as soon as they apply. That's not a request, unfortunately, and doesn't mean anyone has even looked at your file yet.

Hopefully you got an email from a CO and it was an actual request (they usually give a 28 day timeframe to respond) and the grant will come shortly after, though sometimes people wait many more months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was the medical request via email from a CO? If not, then it's likely you just saw the generic action required to do the medical that everyone gets as soon as they apply. That's not a request, unfortunately, and doesn't mean anyone has even looked at your file yet.

Hopefully you got an email from a CO and it was an actual request (they usually give a 28 day timeframe to respond) and the grant will come shortly after, though sometimes people wait many more months.
Oh no, I didn't realise that wasn't the legitimate request for the medical. How frustrating. We've supplied everything including the police clearances too so it seems like we might end up needing to do that all over again if we haven't heard anything by the time they've expired. It's a bit disappointing because we had our hopes up thinking it was going forward quickly. Thank you for responding and letting us know, we had no idea about that!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi.

I am in the same boat and wondering how to plan our date of departure based on when the department cleared my medicals. It is really difficult to manage things like work contracts and house leases without any visibility.
We've submitted literally everything possible but we've just found out that the medical request wasn't the actual request from a CO and just an automated one :(
We'll just have to wait now, we won't hear anything I don't think now that we've submitted everything... it might just mean we have to do it all over again which is disappointing but there's not much we can do about it. So hard just having to wait!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi.

We've submitted literally everything possible but we've just found out that the medical request wasn't the actual request from a CO and just an automated one

We'll just have to wait now, we won't hear anything I don't think now that we've submitted everything... it might just mean we have to do it all over again which is disappointing but there's not much we can do about it. So hard just having to wait!
Hi as per the reads on this forum most people do their medicals asa after the application.
I submitted the paper application on Match 9th & received the Med test req via email on June 6th.
If you're not clear you should write to your nearest Aus high Commision.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I wouldn't stress it. UK tends to have faster approvals than others. I personally did both my medicals and police checks shortly after applying knowing I was risking having to do them again. Thought it was worth the risk to have a complete decision ready app.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't stress it. UK tends to have faster approvals than others. I personally did both my medicals and police checks shortly after applying knowing I was risking having to do them again. Thought it was worth the risk to have a complete decision ready app.
Yeah I'll try not to stress about it! It's so nerve racking putting in so much effort into the application, paying the massive fee and just having to wait! Thank you for your input though, you've made me feel better about it. Has your visa been approved?

·
Registered
130 Posts
We are in a similar boat, albeit a month or two out from your dates.

We submitted end of April via an agent, completed medicals and police checks and have been waiting with no update as at early July.

My UK work visa expires on 5 Dec and our flights are booked to leave Manchester on 28 November 2018, both of us regardless of visa being complete or not.

We are preparing ourselves for my husband to be entering on a visitor visa and not working so are saving now for that possibility. Sucks that you feel so in the dark about your future! Fingers crossed :)

Edit: I have also just seen that the waiting times have increased from about 11/16 months to 21/26 months too! Massively disheartening there...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are in a similar boat, albeit a month or two out from your dates.

We submitted end of April via an agent, completed medicals and police checks and have been waiting with no update as at early July.

My UK work visa expires on 5 Dec and our flights are booked to leave Manchester on 28 November 2018, both of us regardless of visa being complete or not.

We are preparing ourselves for my husband to be entering on a visitor visa and not working so are saving now for that possibility. Sucks that you feel so in the dark about your future! Fingers crossed :)

Edit: I have also just seen that the waiting times have increased from about 11/16 months to 21/26 months too! Massively disheartening there...
Wow we have really similar dates! Is your husband from the UK too?
Did having an agent make it a lot easier to know what documents to gather and submit?

We've decided that if our visa hasn't been approved by the end of the year, when my working visa expires, that we'll move to New Zealand so that we can be close to Australia and not have to be apart while we wait to hear back!

I know, my heart sank when I saw the processing times has gone up.
I found this article on another forum:
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...on-s-migration-cuts-bite-20180720-p4zsp6.html

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow we have really similar dates! Is your husband from the UK too?
Did having an agent make it a lot easier to know what documents to gather and submit?

We've decided that if our visa hasn't been approved by the end of the year, when my working visa expires, that we'll move to New Zealand so that we can be close to Australia and not have to be apart while we wait to hear back!

I know, my heart sank when I saw the processing times has gone up.
I found this article on another forum:
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...on-s-migration-cuts-bite-20180720-p4zsp6.html
Yes, my husband is from the UK.
The agent helped purely for the purpose of gathering and submitting all at once, it wasn't difficult and we could have completed on our own but we just thought if we were spending this much on our future we may as well be as organised/set ourselves up as best as we can.

We aren't going to be apart, he will just be coming as a visitor and I will support us financially (as well as the savings we are pulling together now), such a pain but I have fingers crossed that we are all moving along in a production line according to dates and the processing times have just backlogged due to an influx of applications. Fingers crossed we aren't pushed to the back of that line !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, my husband is from the UK.
The agent helped purely for the purpose of gathering and submitting all at once, it wasn't difficult and we could have completed on our own but we just thought if we were spending this much on our future we may as well be as organised/set ourselves up as best as we can.

We aren't going to be apart, he will just be coming as a visitor and I will support us financially (as well as the savings we are pulling together now), such a pain but I have fingers crossed that we are all moving along in a production line according to dates and the processing times have just backlogged due to an influx of applications. Fingers crossed we aren't pushed to the back of that line !
That's a good idea! Is it the e600 visa that you would apply for?
You've given me the idea and now I think we might look into doing that too!

Where in Australia are you moving to?

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's a good idea! Is it the e600 visa that you would apply for?
You've given me the idea and now I think we might look into doing that too!

Where in Australia are you moving to?
It is indeed!

We are moving back to Newcastle, NSW. I grew up there but was living in Sydney prior to moving to the UK :)

Reactions: Katemelbs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi, have you heard anything on your visa recently ?
Not yet unfortunately.. it's been just over 6 months since we applied. I'm glad the processing times have gone down though!
We've got a visitor visa for my partner so that he can move to australia with me before my UK working visa expires and hopefully it comes through while we wait in australia

·
Registered
12 Posts
There doesn't seem to be any news coming out of London recently. We applied with an Agent who got in touch last month and told us to submit police checks for the sponsor.

Nightmare waiting, job offer and its being held until Jan now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There doesn't seem to be any news coming out of London recently. We applied with an Agent who got in touch last month and told us to submit police checks for the sponsor.

Nightmare waiting, job offer and its being held until Jan now.
It's borderline torture having to wait with no idea of when it will come through! Wish they could give you an idea of when it'd be approved. How long ago did you apply?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Agreed! Applied in the middle of May through an Agent. Just hoping we start seeing some get approved soon....fingers crossed for all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.