Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Once the application has been submitted, is there a deadline by which you need to upload all of your evidence? I had seen it mentioned previously that you had 2 weeks but then what about when you need to submit your medical and police checks? I was going to arrange these as soon as I submitted my application instead of waiting to be prompted to get them done.

Also - does it matter a great deal if the sponsor's application form is submitted immediately after the applicant's?

·
Registered
814 Posts
It is recommended to upload all your evidence (except medical and police checks) as soon as possible within 3-4 weeks at most.

Case officers are not obliged to ask for any further evidence other than medicals and police checks.

Yes, you can and should fill out the sponsor online form as soon as you're able to (usually when the payment is processed which is right away when paying by debit/credit card and up to 5 working days when paying by BPAY).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, we've got pretty much all of the evidence ready to be uploaded - we were just waiting on a couple more statutory declarations from family/friends (uploading around 4xOz ones and 4 from the UK) but thought could just submit and pay for the application immediately instead of delaying.

So they just recommend uploading your evidence as soon as possible and don't set an actual deadline?

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is no deadline to upload documents but at the same time DIBP is under no obligation to ask for documents that are not uploaded and can simply take decision based on available documents. So, better to upload what you got rather then waiting.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I would also add - there's no need to go overboard with the form 888's - we applied with two Aus citizens and 1 non-Aus. Lots of people just do 2 Aus citizens and it's fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Once the application has been submitted, is there a deadline by which you need to upload all of your evidence? I had seen it mentioned previously that you had 2 weeks but then what about when you need to submit your medical and police checks? I was going to arrange these as soon as I submitted my application instead of waiting to be prompted to get them done.

Also - does it matter a great deal if the sponsor's application form is submitted immediately after the applicant's?
There's no specific dateline for uploading documents, you can upload them anytime whenever you want but you can only start uploading documents after making the payment. But there's no reason for you to delay the upload after knowing this ;)

For medical and police check, don't do it so soon and please wait until CO ask you to provide as they do have validity. You will need to bear the risk of going for another medical check if it happens that your CO assesses your application after a year. As for the sponsor's part, yes you can submit right after the applicant's, no issue with that for sure. Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I would also add - there's no need to go overboard with the form 888's - we applied with two Aus citizens and 1 non-Aus. Lots of people just do 2 Aus citizens and it's fine.
Two F888s is the minimum requirement so that's all we submitted each time. The way I see it, if they wanted to see 6, 8, 10, etc they would have asked. Not sure where everyone started getting the idea to upload 3x, 4x, 5x the amount requested but to each his own.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So it is not a requirement that we have to upload the documents on the same day we make our application? this is how i interpret. is this correct?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I was aware that they only ask for 2 Stat Decs (correlating with the part of the online form where they ask for your 2 supporting witnesses?) but we have collated a few extra just based on recommendations from various forums and blog posts from others who have had successful applications.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I have submitted my online application for a partnership visa 309. Even though I called the Europe Service Centre several times and I thought I had all the informations I need, I'm stressing out about the way I have prepared my documents to be uploaded. I have gathered many documents in one PDF and I have like a real layout with notes around to help my case officer in finding all the informations about the evidences I provide. Is that bad or good?

Thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Yeah I was aware that they only ask for 2 Stat Decs (correlating with the part of the online form where they ask for your 2 supporting witnesses?) but we have collated a few extra just based on recommendations from various forums and blog posts from others who have had successful applications.
Perhaps, but there have been many more successful apps with only 2 or 3, and had you used one of the RMAs that posts on this forum, that's how many they would have told you to use. It has been mentioned before by RMAs that too many is overkill.

In my opinion, doing that many just creates more work for an already overloaded CO who only has a few hours to look at your case anyway. But as I said, to each his own. I'm only commenting so other readers don't think they need to upload 4x or 5x more than is needed.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Perhaps, but there have been many more successful apps with only 2 or 3, and had you used one of the RMAs that posts on this forum, that's how many they would have told you to use. It has been mentioned before by RMAs that too many is overkill.

In my opinion, doing that many just creates more work for an already overloaded CO who only has a few hours to look at your case anyway. But as I said, to each his own. I'm only commenting so other readers don't think they need to upload 4x or 5x more than is needed.
Agree 100%.

We only used 2 Aus citizen 888's and 1 non-Aus citizen and my husband's visa was granted without a problem.

A CO only has something like 5 hours to look at your entire case file from 0 to decision. Don't make more work for them than they need. Present solid evidence but it's a good idea to know how much is too much as well ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.