Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
309/100 grant

Congrats! what country did you apply from? can you give more details of your situation?
We applied from the philippines and had been partners for 5yrs when we applied so we had a fair amount of supporting docs plus visited australia together on 4 occasions in prior 5yrs. I as the sponsor have lived in the philippines for 7yrs at time of application.

We submitted everything that showed we were partners from detailed narrative explaining how we live our daily lives and support each other thru to copies of vet receipts in both names for our dog!!

It took us about 2 months of preparing and rewriting before submission plus had someone not involved to read the submission (female as they are more pedantic) and pick it to pieces.

I guess it was costing us $7,800 so we wanted to make sure we gave it 100% effort.

After we submitted it we waited about 2 mths before sending in completed police checks and medical exam.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats! what country did you apply from? can you give more details of your situation?
We applied from the philippines and had been partners for 5yrs when we applied so we had a fair amount of supporting docs plus visited australia together on 4 occasions in prior 5yrs. I as the sponsor have lived in the philippines for 7yrs at time of application.

We submitted everything that showed we were partners from detailed narrative explaining how we live our daily lives and support each other thru to copies of vet receipts in both names for our dog!!

It took us about 2 months of preparing and rewriting before submission plus had someone not involved to read the submission (female as they are more pedantic) and pick it to pieces.

I guess it was costing us $7,800 so we wanted to make sure we gave it 100% effort.

After we submitted it we waited about 2 mths before sending in completed police checks and medical exam.
Wow that's really fast. Congratulations!! Did you receive the email "application in progress"? We also applied in the Philippines and we are still waiting. We are on our 15 month of waiting for the Visa. Married for 23 years and have dependents. I don't know what kind of evidence I need to submit to make the process faster... Thanks for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
309/100 grant

no - we just received the 2 notifications.

We had strong documentation going back 5yrs - about over 50 pdf documents totaling over 200 pages. For example, 3 PDF docs totaling 15 pages for proof of "length of Relationship". Also always had a Summary page to start with which explained all the pages enclosed in the PDF document.

Maybe we were just lucky as everything was completed including police checks and medical report. we just took the gamble with doing the police and medical report early.

·
Registered
5 Posts

We had strong documentation going back 5yrs - about over 50 pdf documents totaling over 200 pages. For example, 3 PDF docs totaling 15 pages for proof of "length of Relationship". Also always had a Summary page to start with which explained all the pages enclosed in the PDF document.

Maybe we were just lucky as everything was completed including police checks and medical report. we just took the gamble with doing the police and medical report early.
Good for your family. We also did our medical and police check the same month we lodged our application. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Hi at any point did u receive immi56 asking fir more info ? If so what additional info did they request ?
Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.