Australia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
My husband (permenant resident residing in Australia)applied for my visa (i live in pakistan)subclass 309/100 on 1st july 2021 after our online nikkah (due to covid). We have uploaded our legal documents, police clearance certificates, screenshots of our continous contact etc .I would like to know if anyone else is also in same boat waiting for visa. My current stage is further assessment . Has anyone been granted with visa in such situations.If so then can you please share timeline?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem was covid. He couldnt travel to our country due to Australian flight ban and our marriage took place online.Our marriage is registered in our country. We have all the legal documents plus nikkah pictures that invlived mine and his family. Plus we update regular contact video call screenshots on our account. Receipts of birthday gifts sent to each other. Is this still not enough? Considering the fact Australia had strict travel ban?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all!
My husband (permenant resident residing in Australia)applied for my visa (i live in pakistan)subclass 309/100 on 1st july 2021 after our online nikkah (due to covid). We have uploaded our legal documents, police clearance certificates, screenshots of our continous contact etc .I would like to know if anyone else is also in same boat waiting for visa. My current stage is further assessment . Has anyone been granted with visa in such situations.If so then can you please share timeline?
The border now is opened, he can actually travel any time. Also, he could have applied for an exemption to travel during the lockdown, they are a bit easy with those who are traveling to get married.
From my own experience, I believe this case is not going to be easy, you need to do lots of work to fix your application, it is not about documents, it is about showing them a genuine relationship. Consider also you are from a high-risk country and you haven't met in person.
Ask your husband to visit an immigration agent to seek advice, it might cost you around $300 but it will help you a lot.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou everyone for responding . We will definitely look into this as we both were quite satisfied with our application. I would like to know if in current scenario there is any chance that CO will be contacting us?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi everyone. Just wanted to update everyone who commented on my post. Your comments were really helpful. Thanks a bunch 🌸
My husband couldn’t travel earlier as he was waiting for his Australian passport from 11 months (department was requested for early citizenship ceremony through calls and emails and immi account was also updated with call and emails proof )and also had switched job and was on probation.But he travelled to Pakistan in March (we updated that on immi account). Took alot of casual pictures,wedding pictures and spent time together ( updated that on immi account too). Updated financial aspect of our relationship on immi account and also updated account with latest police certificates.
Immi account still shows Further assessment status and hasnt been updated. Now as far as i think our application is complete ( 86 files uploaded on applicant portion and 22 on sponsor portion).
Can you again please help on this? Like what should be further added ? And should i expect visa soon?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am very glad that you have met your husband in person.
All you need to do is waiting until the case officer been assigned for your case, and keep updating and uploading new evidences. It might be soon or after months. You have to be very patient at this stage.
You need to work on one more point, you might be asked how did you get married of a person you haven't met him in person? try to address this point. Have you got pregnant? This maybe something can support your case.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All you need to do is waiting until the case officer been assigned for your case, and keep updating and uploading new evidences. It might be soon or after months. You have to be very patient at this stage.
You need to work on one more point, you might be asked how did you get married of a person you haven't met him in person? try to address this point. Have you got pregnant? This maybe something can support your case.
Yes
yes thats sorted as we are neighbours and that can be verified from the residential addresses plus we attended same university.
Please do pray that we get united soon .

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No one can really answer that without seeing your full application. If you had used a migration agent, they would have the answer you need.

From looking back at your previous comments, there appears to be a question about your marriage. Is it legally recognised under Australian law?
Its legally recognized in our home country.We also took advise from Australian consultant and he said Australia recognises marriage as legalif it is registered in parent country

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi everyone,just an update
1. we haven't been granted 309/100 till now ( waiting since 1/7/21)
2. Applied for visit visa family stream on 11/7/22- still waiting
3. Updated our account with shared property, financial statements, regular contact .Never received an RFI on any account.
Still waiting patiently,please do take a moment and pray for the grant.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hello everyone
Just a quick update
My family sponsored visit visa just got granted today. Thankgod
So, What’s the next step once visit visa has been granted? Any stamp required from vfs global or just ticket booking and boarding flight?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts