Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I am new to this forum,

1.I have applied for a visa for my first wife Nov 2011 and it got granted Jan 2012(while i was in Temp visa 485). however she refused to come to Australia. and never landed in Australia. I have my first marriage nullified in India (court order in 2016 provided to Immigration)
. after that I have married another girl in 2017.( 5 year wait time done)
Now, I am a Australian citizen and I have applied 309 for my partner. Application date 30 June 2017. i had a case officer requested police clearance (for sponsor)on late September and i have submitted both Indian and Australian police clearance on mid-October. there is no news after that from case officer. i understand that processing time is 11 -15 months. however does anyone have knowledge on visa approval after nullification of marriage.

2. now my Wife is in visit visa with me in Australia. Also, she had a refusal on visa 600 family sponsored visit visa saying her intention of travel mentioned as "to live with my husband " so they denied it. so she reapplied for visa 600 as tourist and got it. j

Just wondering if the refusal of visa 600 family sponsored has any impact on 309 visa?

Thanks in advance everyone .

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
It shouldn't. You will need to check the refusal decision letter and see what reason the department gave. If it was because the did not think you were in a relationship, then it is a good idea to address any issues brought up. If it was just because of GTE, then I wouldn't bother too much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.