Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have lodged 309 for my wife earlier this year while she was overseas.

Now she is here on 3 month tourist visa. I'm the authorised recipient for all communication.

From my understanding if they were to grant 309 my wife would need to leave Australia.

My question is how and who would they contact to let us know that she would need to leave Australia to be able to be granted the 309 if there were to happen while she is in Australia?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hi,

Now she is here on 3 month tourist visa. I'm the authorised recipient for all communication.

From my understanding if they were to grant 309 my wife would need to leave Australia.

My question is how and who would they contact to let us know that she would need to leave Australia to be able to be granted the 309 if there were to happen while she is in Australia?
The department is aware that she is onshore as it is the one that granted the visa and scanned her passport on arrival.

The case officer processing her application will see in their system that she is still in Australia. The same officer will contact her or you to remind her to leave the country when considering granting her the visa. This is usually through email to the email address nominated.

My idea.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Hi,

You will get an email like this to the email address you have given them for contact, assuming you have given an email contact.

Thank you for your application for a [type of] visa made on [date].

Circumstances applicable to grant a visa under Migration Regulation 300.411 states that an applicant must be outside Australia at time of grant. We note that you are currently in Australia on a visitor visa.

For your application to be finalised, please inform us of your expected departure date from Australia within 14 days of this letter.

Please note that failure to depart Australia within the validity of your health (12 months after Medical) and character (12 months after police) clearances may result in your repeating these requirements.
You need to tell them the date of your departure date within those 14 days. You do not need to leave within those 14 days. We actually left 25 days after the notification, but advised them of the flight date within 6 days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to tell them the date of your departure date within those 14 days. You do not need to leave within those 14 days. We actually left 25 days after the notification, but advised them of the flight date within 6 days.
From the time you left Australia, how long did it take to grant the Partner Visa?

·
Registered
605 Posts
some not relating to orginal question.

My wife undertook medical for 309. For visa 100, would she require to undertake medical again?
No, as the 309/100 is a combined application, so medical is only to be done once.
Unless they introduce medical test for the PR, as of now there is no medical test for PR stage when you already completed during the 309 stage.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
From the time you left Australia, how long did it take to grant the Partner Visa?
We left on the Friday night and it was granted the next working day. Monday.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We left on the Friday night and it was granted the next working day. Monday.
Did you have to go back to the Country you originally departed from or you went to another country in between?

Would my wife have to go back to the originating country or we can go for a 1 week to another country?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Did you have to go back to the Country you originally departed from or you went to another country in between?

Would my wife have to go back to the originating country or we can go for a 1 week to another country?

Thanks
Like ampk said. Most people choose a cheap holiday to Bali or similar since it's recommended to stay out for 3-5 days in case of delays in getting the grant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.