Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Just a strange question. my wife is waiting for her partner visa 309 in India at the moment. The form 888s that we had given with the visa application were signed by my friend/former business partner and his wife (both Australian citizen). Now a month ago I had to leave the business as it was not viable and I had landed a good job in a regional area. This created a rift between me and my friend and his wife as they wanted me to stick around even though the business was tanking. well all I wanted to know that if I could send new form 888 as I suspect they might not give a good reference for my wife when the Case Officer calls. My wife has known them since we started our relationship as my former business partner have been friends and housemates for long time.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
The form they provided at the time was a statutory declaration. If they now suddenly contradict their previous sworn statement, they are basically saying that they made a false statement at the time, which is a serious offence akin to committing perjury.

If there is a problem I would invite them to read the small print on page 1 of Form 888:

Warning: Under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, people
who intentionally make a false statement in a
statutory declaration are liable for punishment of
4 years imprisonment. In addition, the Migration
Act 1958 (the Act) provides penalties for providing
false or misleading statements of 12 months
imprisonment or a fine of AUD12,000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.