Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I’d share my story with everyone on here in the hope that it may help some people who are in the same situation.

Without going into the early details, my wife had to return back to her country and apply for the 309 visa offshore. We did this through a migration agent the processing time was 13-16 months when we applied.

At the beginning we had to provide the general evidence. Marriage documents, photos taken with family and friends, 888 forms from close people and financials.

We patiently waited and were hoping for a quick result but we knew that it could also take a long time. We would often contact our agent to see if there was any update but our application status remained the same on immi.

During that time I had gone back to visit my wife in HK on two occasions and we made sure we kept as much evidence as possible. When I returned we made sure to keep in touch frequently via video call and messages and also sent gifts during our time apart.

After 12 long months of waiting we finally received confirmation that our case being assigned to a case officer. We were asked to provide further details such as updated financial records to prove that we continued to support each other, details of super and insurance beneficiaries, more 888 forms, new photos, evidence of gift sharing and evidence of any trips together during the application process.

It was a lot of information to gather and it took us about 2 weeks to complete. We passed this onto our agent and waited for a reply. Two weeks k later we got another reply and this time our case officer has requested for a police check from AFP as well as a local one for my wife in her country. We did this straight away. The AFP results were received within a week and was uploaded to immi. The local police check in HK took about 4 weeks and was mailed directly to the case officer.

We were getting anxious as we felt that the police check was probably the final request and if this was clear then there shouldn’t be any reason for our case to be rejected. We counted the days and as it got closer to the 4 weeks we were getting nervous.

On the 3rd week we finally got the good news from our agent that our visa has been granted. No interview was required. We were so happy.

Nothing feels better than seeing the document with the words “granted” up the top.

My advice for anyone applying is to gather as much evidence as possible. It will come in handy if they require more.

Good luck to everyone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.