Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Partner Visa Sponsor

Hi all, new member here!

Just a quick background. I'm an Aussie citizen, and met a beautiful German woman earlier in the year. We spent a few months travelling around the state, and are in a happy relationship. She recently returned home, but we decided before she left to go down the offshore partner (309) visa application road. We are currently in the process of registering a civil partnership, and I thought I'd join up here for some advice and support.

I'll save the finer details for the appropriate threads etc. Hope everyone is keeping it together through these difficult times!

K

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey K,

New member here too - hello! I'm really glad I found this site, it seems like a great community.

I'm in a similar situation to you - although my partner is the Aussie Citizen and I'm British and currently in the UK. We've been exploring what I assume you've been looking into - whether to apply for a 309 overseas or asking for an exemption to visit Australia and then applying for the 820. Is that right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Appreciate the response! Since this post I found a job in Australia, so waiting for a sponsored Visa on the long term skill list.

Thanks!

Hello Guys

I have been dealing in such kinds of cases. IN case of 309 Visa, we can apply for a Visitor Visa after submitting 309 as 309/820 has a longer processing time. Thereafter, your partner can apply for a travel exemption in order to travel to Australia.

You can contact me for more information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts