Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t belive I received my partner visa just 6 weeks after applying. Most nerve wracking 6 weeks of my life but so so glad it’s been granted now.
Anybody else been lucky with the quick response?? I was expecting 11-15 months wait like stated online!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It's not an 11-15 month wait. Global processing times stated presently 75%of apps are processed in 11 months and 90% in 15 months. This means only about 15% take 11-15 months.

An app processed in 6 weeks falls within that 75% category.

Congrats on the grant! We have seen apps processed very quickly, from 1-3 months in recent weeks.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
It's not an 11-15 month wait. Global processing times stated presently 75%of apps are processed in 11 months and 90% in 15 months. This means only about 15% take 11-15 months.

Congrats on the grant! We have seen apps processed very quickly, from 1-3 months in recent weeks.
Damn, 6 weeks?! Grants are flying out these days. Not just London or Berlin it seems.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yep. If I were applying now, I'd definitely be uploading a decision ready application complete with medical and police checks in the hopes of similar results.
That's the reason we did just that. 32 days in here, so here's hoping!

·
Registered
74 Posts

There is a great deal of difference in the speed of particular processing centers currently. UK is having a dream run. 6 weeks is quicker than some take for a visitor 600.

We're pushing 6 months now on a 309 app and I can assure you each month feels exactly like a month. I don't care how the average dates or stats are spun, its a terribly long time waiting for someone else to decide of you should be able to live with your wife, even temporarily.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
There is a great deal of difference in the speed of particular processing centers currently. UK is having a dream run. 6 weeks is quicker than some take for a visitor 600.

We're pushing 6 months now on a 309 app and I can assure you each month feels exactly like a month. I don't care how the average dates or stats are spun, its a terribly long time waiting for someone else to decide of you should be able to live with your wife, even temporarily.
It all depends on the processing office and their case load, I suspect. I read on here recently that because certain processing offices are dealing with a backlog of applications they are now being processed globally.

The wait sucks, but folks like you and I (more so you with 5 months on us) are well within the estimated global processing times. The best thing we can do is just wait and let the department do their thing.

Reactions: Skybluebrewer

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
That's just the way it is to come to Australia on a partner visa. And everyone who applies is aware of it so it's not like it's a surprise. Too many people think it's their right to come here straight away, and it's not. Regardless of the waiting time, I feel everyone should be grateful for such an opportunity.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I agree with that SBB, and I don't at the same time. I'm extremely grateful to live here, but I look at wait times and costs for spouse visas in places like the US and the UK and I feel like people immigrating to Australia deserve the same more humane experience. That said, one place Australian immigration wins for me is that there's no income requirement for a partner visa. I'm very glad that's one thing Australia does differently.

Reactions: al_ghazal

·
Registered
117 Posts
I met an agent who told me that he can process my partner visa (309 visa) in 8 weeks time. Also, he confirmed to me that he can do it while me the sponsor living outside Australia.

I am currently in the UAE and the visa will be processed from there.

What do you think guys?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I met an agent who told me that he can process my partner visa (309 visa) in 8 weeks time. Also, he confirmed to me that he can do it while me the sponsor living outside Australia.

What do you think guys?
I was outside Australia (in the UK) and didn't have a migration agent so was extra surprised that it came through in 6 weeks! Go for it just make sure you have all the info required! Good luck

·
Registered
4,534 Posts

What do you think guys?
1. Agents don't process visas.
2. I think that no agent can guarantee when the Australian government will process your application.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts

What do you think guys?
I think your agent is full of it, honestly. Is he MARA-registered? You want a MARA-registered migration agent. No one can predict with certainty how long a visa will take, but it's REALLY unlikely to get a grant that fast. Are you an Aussie PR or citizen? It doesn't matter if the sponsor is outside Australia if they're a citizen, but if they're PR, you have to be usually resident in Australia in order to sponsor a partner.

·
Registered
345 Posts

What do you think guys?
I have never heard of any agent guaranteeing a visa, especially in that short timeframe. We have seen some quick grants lately but that is really clutching at straws, especially to advise a client that.

Unless you have misheard the agent, and there is some sort of miscommunication, that seems like a load of baloney to me. No one besides immigration staff can say when and if your application will be processed/guaranteed, and they will never in this lifetime tell you or give out that kind of information.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow thats stupid quick, Congratulations! My husband put his application on the 6th of december and we've put in all our papers that they requested. Except the CO asked for military discharge papers when my husband was never in the military and we can only get that with a formal request from immigration which they didn't give us.

We're on the further assessment stage as of the 4th of March, hopefully it wont be a long wait for us but we're both living together in Iraq so it might take some time as its a high risk country.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts

What do you think guys?
How much is the agent charging you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't belive I received my partner visa just 6 weeks after applying. Most nerve wracking 6 weeks of my life but so so glad it's been granted now.
Anybody else been lucky with the quick response?? I was expecting 11-15 months wait like stated online!
Wow. That's so great for you. My fiancé and I have been waiting 9 months now...have heard zilch from immigration.

·
Registered
74 Posts

What do you think guys?
I think your agent is full of it, honestly. Is he MARA-registered? You want a MARA-registered migration agent. No one can predict with certainty how long a visa will take, but it's REALLY unlikely to get a grant that fast. Are you an Aussie PR or citizen? It doesn't matter if the sponsor is outside Australia if they're a citizen, but if they're PR, you have to be usually resident in Australia in order to sponsor a partner.
maras being a bit dodgy?? No way. Never!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can't belive I received my partner visa just 6 weeks after applying. Most nerve wracking 6 weeks of my life but so so glad it's been granted now.
Wow. That's so great for you. My fiancé and I have been waiting 9 months now...have heard zilch from immigration.
Same here. I Married to a woman of colour. A complicating Factor for any CO.
One could be more rosey-eyed but it's been this way for over 200 years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.