Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently filling in my application for Partner Visa 309 and starting to get my head around it all, but I can't find any info about how to handle the migration of our son...

Our son is 7 years old, born in the UK to myself and my wife (sponsor), whom is an Australian citizen by birth, and also is a British Citizen now with a current UK passport.

Our son will be migrating with us to Australia, but we haven't yet applied for his Citizenship by descent, so he's just a plain old British Citizen right now :)

Will it be ok for our son to get his Australian Citizenship once we arrive in Australia after my 309 is granted? Presumably at which point he would have arrived on a visitor visa with UK passport.

Where do I list him on the Partner Visa 309 application? - I'm confused over the migrating family members bit of the online form in general :confused:

My wife's Australian passport expired just over 3 years ago and she hasn't renewed it with us living in the UK. Will my wife's Australian passport being expired pose any problems for my 309 visa application (she has her birth certificate as proof of identity)?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Before you apply get your wife's new Australian passport & your sons citizenship by decent.

Life will then be easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I agree getting son's citizenship removes a complication.

It looks like the citizenship by decent might be possible for our son without renewing wife's passport.

She would need to go travel to the embassy in London to renew so we're trying to avoid that if we can.

Will wife not having a valid Australian passport pose problems with my 309 application?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
From memory there is a question in the form that asks for her passport number.

Personally I would renew it to remove any potential hassle/delay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.