Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am an Australian citizen and we will be applying for a 309 partner visa for my husband who is a Swedish citizen. We will lodge the application from Sweden. (We have been married and living here for many years.) I also acquired Swedish citizenship several years ago.

My Australian passport is still in my maiden name but my Swedish passport is in my married surname. To complicate things a little, my first names in my Swedish passport also have slightly different spellings to those in my Australian passport. (I tweaked the spellings to something a little easier for Swedes to deal with at the same time that I changed my surname to my husband's.) I do have an official document from the Swedish Population Register clearly showing both my maiden and married names and the date I changed from one to the other. I did this when I first got married and moved to Sweden. Practically all our supporting evidence will be in my married name (bank accounts, bills etc).

We want to submit the application asap as we want to move around year end (yes I know, good luck with that!!) and processing times are so long.

Either I can:
1. apply as the sponsor in my MAIDEN name, and show a clear link to my married name via the name change document
2. apply as the sponsor in my MARRIED name, and show a clear link to my maiden name via the same name change document
3. change my Australian passport to my married name and then make the whole application in my married name (but it takes 3 weeks to get the new passport and delays the application)?

My gut feel is to go for option 1 but maybe option 3 would make life less complicated for the C.O. and therefore be the swifter option ultimately..?

I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts much appreciated!

Thank you in advance.
DVF

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.