Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have withdraw my sponsorship a month ago.
But my spouse is still in Australia and has no idea that I withdraw his sponsorship. When department notify him about withdrawl.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Wow. Not even a heads up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it necessary to tell him.
He threatens me to take to court for child custody if I withdraw sponsorship. My son is 12 years and he left us seven years ago. I have put sponsorship so that he can come and live with us as he told us. But after coming here he stayed with us for1 month and then he moved. I don't know where is he.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I have withdraw my sponsorship a month ago.
But my spouse is still in Australia and has no idea that I withdraw his sponsorship. When department notify him about withdrawl.
Thanks
Provided the Department has his current contact details, he'd receive an " adverse information" Letter within a month or so. He will have 28 days to respond. If he does not respond, his visa will be cancelled. If there is a child of the relationship and he responds in time, he may still be granted the visa.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Is it necessary to tell him.
He threatens me to take to court for child custody if I withdraw sponsorship. My son is 12 years and he left us seven years ago. I have put sponsorship so that he can come and live with us as he told us. But after coming here he stayed with us for1 month and then he moved. I don't know where is he.
Did I read this wrong?

Your child's father left you 7 years ago?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Where are the numbers from?

There is a strong chance he will get to remain in Australia, what reasons did you supply for sponsor cancellation?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Did I read this wrong?

Seems they were in a relationship and split up 7 years ago, they more recently applied for a Partner Visa 309 that was granted.

He arrived and stayed with her and child for 1 month, then left again.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Did I read this wrong?

Seems they were in a relationship and split up 7 years ago, they more recently applied for a Partner Visa 309 that was granted.

He arrived and stayed with her and child for 1 month, then left again.
So my question is was the application made genuinely?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for your reply.
Yes application made genuinely.
We were separate.
He asked for another chance get things sorted. After he came backhoe started showing his colours again and we realized he only came here for PR. He is also cheated on me.
My concern is about how long it will take department to inform him that his sponsorship withdraw.I don't want him to alert by I am only concerned about my so n as I don't want to go with him and he also do t want to go with him.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
There is not much information about when they will first contact him, if he wants PR then he will most likely use his child as the reason he should still be granted the visa.

Again there is not much info on how they will deal with his reasons to stay or how long they take to process that claim.

Should they refuse his claims and refuse his PR visa, he can and most likely will appeal the decision at the MRT - there are some wait times for these hearing types but I don't know them only they will be getting longer due staff levels.

It seems most cases that he will likely be granted PR due being biological father, if you feel the need apply for a protection order.

** I think I asked but did not get a reply - What reasons did you give immigration for withdrawing sponsorship?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I told department that he is cheating on me and from last seven years he hasn't supported us financially and emotionally.
He came here and I supported him to get his licenses. When he started earning he refused to pay any expenses for us.
Child support they have record that he hasn't pay anything.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
What was included in both your statements for the 309 application about finances and relationship support?

Cheating not paying child support will not hold much weight, things that may have his visa refused are violence and drugs.

How long since he moved out?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Pretty sure Child Support is only payable from separation date, so a month ago.

While you were together I don't believe there is any legal requirement for either parent to pay any amount for supporting a child, it is up to the individuals to sort that out.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
My understanding is that immigration will look at the custody arrangements, so if you have sole custody of the child and he has none then his chances to stay are less likely, even though there is a child of a relationship. Immigration appear to be cracking down even on the child of the relationships now (I have heard of them now looking at custody arrangements and domestic violence in the relationship).

Where is he originally from? I am just wondering if he had the means to come and visit you and the child during the time and he chose not to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.