Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, hope you all are well.

My partner and i are wanting to lodge a 309 partner application however ive scanned through the process through this forum and its still a bit confusing and we are very nervous.

Im an australian citizen living in melbourne acting as his sponsor and my partner is from belgrade, serbia. We met while we were on exchange in copenhagen and we had to live apart to finish our studies and start our careers, but that was in 2012 so weve been in a relationship for a good 4.5-5 years and weve each gone to each others countries to meet family and friends.

What we have

- 5 x signed form 888 from 2 family members and friends with one family member stating that she will assist us if necessary.

- A Registered relationship cert from state body

- an ielts test for him (Just in case), medicals and police checks

- photo evidence and cal/chat logs and receipts of plane tickets

- letter of employment from both sides

- joint bank account from 2016, we are saving up for this application and for an apartment.

- im renting and i can guarantee him a place to stay and also a backup option

- i dont know how useful this will be, but we are both educated with masters, im doing architecture and he is in economics and finance and we are both working professional jobs but im still undergoing my masters.

The problem areas:

- we met in copenhagen while we were both studying overseas

- we dont know how to prove that we are not living apart on a permanent basis because this is why we are applying, so we dont have to anymore. Since we are from separate countries we had to part ways to finish our studies and work in our professional fields.

- we are afraid that we will not have enough evidence because we dont post our relationship on facebook since he lives in serbia and theyre not too kind on the LGBT people

So in all, thank you for your patience, any advice in how to bolster our application/evidence and get it right the first time would be highly appreciated. We are a young couple not wanting to be apart anymore and to start our lives together and create a good future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeremy hooper, thanks for your answer, appreciate it but what other issues do I have that I haven't listed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahahaha 4 cats and a dog is the goal, although we don't have those we do have airline tickets and room bookings x3 over the course of these years.
Thanks for your reply btw, appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
But I'm not joking - So your on going relationship written statement will consist of ? and the household will be how?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So our ongoing relationship will be "we are young professionals and students wanting to start our lives together. Although we are loving in different countries, every decision, academic amd professional, has been made with one another in mind and in order to give ourselves the best future possible. We understand that the immigration process is only one of the major hurdles we have to encounter in order to move forward as a couple. Although some aspects of our relationship does not fit in the traditional sense we still maintain the core element of emotional support found in loving relationships, we're not asking for our discretions to be excused as we are aware that we don't tick all the boxes but we are asking for a chance. In the future and in some phases of the past, we will both be professionals in our respective fields and in our private lives I will provide home cooked dinners and a warm and welcoming home while my partner provides me with unwaivering emotional support and push me to further my professional academic and professional career as he is doing now."

Sorry for the length but it'll go something like that, if I've misunderstood the question, I apologise but feedback would be greatly appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
"Start our lives together" - consider a different statement, this one implies you are yet to start.

One question to ask is what did your partner study, is he eligible to migrate due to qualifications? Are there any other visas he is eligible for, are you prepared to migrate to where he is for a while then come back here when you have met the criteria?

Asking for a chance is pointless if you don't tick the boxes. Unfortunately they are unable to make a decision based on compassion (I'm aware of the exceptions but they are so minute that even this subnote is not worth mentioning). You need to adaquatly tick the boxes before you apply.

The are multiple ways you can tick the boxes. Different temporary visas to get the amount of time living together and supporting each other up for instance.

Sorry to be so negative but like Jeremy said above, you are strongly advised to either seek professional help or drastically change your current circumstances as to meet the criteria of the visa.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Simply you need to comply with PAM3 in your application, it is that simple.

Pro or not you both need to comply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, negative but realistic, realistic is what we need, he's got a masters in finance and economics but unfortunately his jobs arent on the sol but he has submitted an expression of interest. Thank you again for the much needed advice and I will go find some professional help.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
A RMA has posted on your site, he seems pretty good.

about 5 or 7 RMA's post here often - they all seem good. I have used 1 and now 2.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks, negative but realistic, realistic is what we need, he's got a masters in finance and economics but unfortunately his jobs arent on the sol but he has submitted an expression of interest. Thank you again for the much needed advice and I will go find some professional help.
Trust me realistic even if negative is what you need when dealing with Australian immigration unfortunately.

You never know, the EOI may come in good!

Just so you are aware. Jeremy (poster above) is a Registered Migration Agent, a consult with him would let you know exactly where you stand and how to go about establishing a good plan of action.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes but he's based in Perth and I'm in Melbourne, I'll be soliciting hunt migration so I hope they're just as good. You two have been very helpful, thank you

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Yes but he's based in Perth and I'm in Melbourne, I'll be soliciting hunt migration so I hope they're just as good. You two have been very helpful, thank you
Fair enough :)

For reference - the agent I used is located in Sydney, I am located in Perth and have never met him - wouldn't even know if I walked past him in the street!

Here to help, this time may not have been the greatest use but when you're a little further down the application path we may have more useful and positive info for you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll definitely come back and post to help others and update, no one should have to feel alone in this. But I want to get this done before July 1St as I have heard of the rules changing onthat date so it'll become more stringent and quite possibly more expensive.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
DIBP have no heart, we had to leave a young child behind to get Visitor Visa's for my then Partner and a daughter to visit me and my children to see if they like it here and can get on.

All boxes must be ticked to the acceptance of DIBP as per PAM3 (a secret document - RMA's have access to this).

If you are applying for a Partner Visa any professional experience or desires are simply not relevant, they may even work against your application (a way to enter and work in Australia).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.