Australia Forum banner

201 - 220 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wooohoo.. my grant just came in today. Am soo over the moon. (309)
Dol 5th april 2019
Medicals and PCC 30th april 2019
RFI 26TH november 2019
Submitted 27th nomber 2019
Grant 15th January 2020
Congrats Rock747! Thats wonderful news!

Can I ask how long they have given you to enter Australia?
I have till 15th Jan 2021

·
Registered
301 Posts
Congratulations rock . I submitted whats up chats through screen shot. I afraid to ask me again. How can I convert through email. Thanks
Sorry for the late reply.
Firsr delete your partners number from "phone contacts". Then go to whatapp, open the chat with your partner. Which now will show his or.her number instead of name. Then go to the 3 dots at rhe upper right conner click it, then click more then choose export. Then choose email option . Email it to yourself. Then open ij ur inbox. Download and open with word. Then save as pdf. In the word format. You can state above it that u deleted their contact so your partners number can show. Its a plus if the number was used during the visa application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We got our visa!

Hello everyone,

Some more good news for this group, this morning my husband was granted his visa from the Nairobi office!

Application date: 4th Jan 2019
RFI: 19th Sept 2019
Date granted: 22nd Jan 2020

Thanks for being a such an invaluable source of information during this process, and best of luck to everyone!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally some movement from the nairobi office. I got an RFI on the 26th of November

Dol was 5th April 2019
Medicals and PCC on 30th April 2019

Three updates between 30th April and October 2019

First CO contact and RFI 26th November 2019

RFI, was comprehensive chat history from January 2019. It specifically said they dont want screenshot with whatapp. So if you used whatapp as evidence of communication, best to export your chat to your email, open with ms word and save as pdf and upload. You save yourself the time of they asking for it , should they want to ask for it
I have received the date for my interview as 17 February 2020 Accra. What about you pls?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Hi all,

Ive been following this thread for a while but its my first post. Thanks for being so informative- its great to hear when someone new gets a visa approved!

Application: 4th Jan 2019
RFI: 19th September 2019

And we have just received information that they might want to interview us in February. Glad to be hearing things from the office more frequently now after not hearing anything between Jan-Sept.

I am from Australia and my partner is from Ghana. I think we should be an easy enough case, I have been in Ghana 6+ years, and we have been living together for 3 years and are married.

I am curious if anyone else been called for an interview?
How did the interview go? Nairobi doesn't usually interview unlike Pretoria. If not interviewed yet, let us know how it goes. (Going off what the members of the forum say on Pretoria and Kenya forums. No other source of information. )

·
Registered
301 Posts
Finally some movement from the nairobi office. I got an RFI on the 26th of November

Dol was 5th April 2019
Medicals and PCC on 30th April 2019

Three updates between 30th April and October 2019

First CO contact and RFI 26th November 2019

RFI, was comprehensive chat history from January 2019. It specifically said they dont want screenshot with whatapp. So if you used whatapp as evidence of communication, best to export your chat to your email, open with ms word and save as pdf and upload. You save yourself the time of they asking for it , should they want to ask for it
I have received the date for my interview as 17 February 2020 Accra. What about you pls?
They didnt give me any date for an interview. I got the grant a month and 2 weeks after they sent me that letter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for your response so for unemployment case should i write the history from birth upto the day of my first employment without gaps?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thank you for your response so for unemployment case should i write the history from birth upto the day of my first employment without gaps?
19 Give details of all employment and unemployment

Unemployment includes:
• from date of birth up until first employment
• all gaps/breaks between employment
• all gaps between education.

·
Registered
19 Posts
19 Give details of all employment and unemployment

Unemployment includes:
• from date of birth up until first employment
• all gaps/breaks between employment
• all gaps between education.
Thank you for your response

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi good people.
I've just discovered the Nairobi Forum and have felt encouraged.
DOL was 30/5/2019
Medicals and biometrics mid-June
RFI - January 28 , 2020 from CO
They just asked for more photos
Sponsor to fill the 40sp online
Transactions from joint account.
Sponsor to give another AFP.

Since am still in Aussie for one more week am preparing those documents, hopefully I'llupdate then before 28days.
My question is, can I upload the reciept for hubby's AFP as we wait for it because the processing is 15-20 days.
Secondly I know I have to update sponsor on immi but the extra photos do I update on immi as well as email case officer or just immi?

Am encouraged that people re getting granted after the RFI.

Otherwise waiting patiently.

201 - 220 of 262 Posts