Australia Forum banner

161 - 180 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wow 3 months, and they need an FBI and state police clearance? I thought police clearance was for places youve lived in for an accumulative period of 12months
Yeah....that's what am trying to figure out...I didn't understand why they would need that...with a valid visitor visa 3 months is such a short while for me who has family there. Oh well..let's see how this goes. I have 7 days to submit everything.
I really hope it all goes well and quick for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I applied on the 1st of December 2018 for 300. Then we got married in December and I converted it to 309. Did it all myself without an agent. She is from Cameroon. And the application was process in Kenya

·
Registered
301 Posts
Finally some movement from the nairobi office. I got an RFI on the 26th of November

Dol was 5th April 2019
Medicals and PCC on 30th April 2019

Three updates between 30th April and October 2019

First CO contact and RFI 26th November 2019

RFI, was comprehensive chat history from January 2019. It specifically said they dont want screenshot with whatapp. So if you used whatapp as evidence of communication, best to export your chat to your email, open with ms word and save as pdf and upload. You save yourself the time of they asking for it , should they want to ask for it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greetings to every member in this forum.
I applied for visa 309 and have finished with my medicals and police clearance but got this automated message below from Department of Home Affairs.

We are writing to inform you that your application for partner visa is in progress. Your application takes time to process as we complete a number a number of thorough checks.

since a week that i got that letter i haven't heard from them, please can someone tell me what to do or if there's any problem. Thanks, waiting for your respond.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello

Hi all,

Ive been following this thread for a while but its my first post. Thanks for being so informative- its great to hear when someone new gets a visa approved!

Application: 4th Jan 2019
RFI: 19th September 2019

And we have just received information that they might want to interview us in February. Glad to be hearing things from the office more frequently now after not hearing anything between Jan-Sept.

I am from Australia and my partner is from Ghana. I think we should be an easy enough case, I have been in Ghana 6+ years, and we have been living together for 3 years and are married.

I am curious if anyone else been called for an interview?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Good to know that Nairobi also granting 309 visas. Do you know how many visas have been granted in recent months? Thanks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi all,

Ive been following this thread for a while but its my first post. Thanks for being so informative- its great to hear when someone new gets a visa approved!

Application: 4th Jan 2019
RFI: 19th September 2019

And we have just received information that they might want to interview us in February. Glad to be hearing things from the office more frequently now after not hearing anything between Jan-Sept.

I am from Australia and my partner is from Ghana. I think we should be an easy enough case, I have been in Ghana 6+ years, and we have been living together for 3 years and are married.

I am curious if anyone else been called for an interview?
Hi am from ghana too.

Dol 5th april 2019
Pcc and medicals 30th april 2019
Rfi 26th november 2019
Submitted 27th november 2019
We got an email saying they will be doing interview february 2020 and would want to know if i would be available. But they did also say it is not a gaurantee that there will be an interview. They just want to know from a large pool of applicants, which cases will be appropriate to conduct an interview

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello
I am Australian (Zimbabwean by origin) and my husband is from Ghana. Our application was approved without an interview. And i know all the recent grants on this forum did not have interviews.
Good luck guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally some movement from the nairobi office. I got an RFI on the 26th of November

Dol was 5th April 2019

RFI, was comprehensive chat history from January 2019. It specifically said they dont want screenshot with whatapp. So if you used whatapp as evidence of communication, best to export your chat to your email, open with ms word and save as pdf and upload. You save yourself the time of they asking for it , should they want to ask for it
We are on the same I lodge my wife application on the 1 April 2019 and they requested for more documents on the 20 November 2019.What do they requested from you pls?

·
Registered
301 Posts

Dol was 5th April 2019

We are on the same I lodge my wife application on the 1 April 2019 and they requested for more documents on the 20 November 2019.What do they requested from you pls?
They requested for a comprehensice chat records from Januaru 2019 to the date at the time of asking. They did say they dont want screenshots which i had already submitted previously

161 - 180 of 262 Posts