Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya!
So I am sponsoring my husband to Australia and we have lodged the 309 Visa on 26/05/19. We have done the application without a agent but have communicated with a immigration lawyer several times.
I am about to have our first child here in Australia and have been working everyday to save as much money as I can so I don't have to return back to work straight away. What I am wondering is our immigration lawyer has advise us, it would best best to not claim any centrelink benefits as it would affect my sponsor application ? Can anyone advise if they were in a similar position ?

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Hiya!
So I am sponsoring my husband to Australia and we have lodged the 309 Visa on 26/05/19. We have done the application without a agent but have communicated with a immigration lawyer several times.
I am about to have our first child here in Australia and have been working everyday to save as much money as I can so I don't have to return back to work straight away. What I am wondering is our immigration lawyer has advise us, it would best best to not claim any centrelink benefits as it would affect my sponsor application ? Can anyone advise if they were in a similar position ?
Claiming Centrelink benefits does NOT affect a sponsor application in Australia. I think something of that nature applies in the United States, for US visas, but not here.

Many sponsors are on full Centrelink benefits, some without any other income, and there is no detrimental effect on their partner visa sponsorship.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.