Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Has anyone got 309 approval recently, how long does it take after the application has proceed to further assessment as the documents was uploaded as requested few months back.The processing office new delhi
Your answer would be much appreciated
Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Applied for 309 on 30 Sep last year; and still waiting for the visa as of today.

Status of visa changed to "Further Assessment" in February this year; but crickets since.

Also, I'm pregnant. My husband is in India; I'm stuck in Australia. We tried applying for the tourist visa for him but it's been a month now :(

Our migration agent was very positive that our visa would come quickly. This is definitely not the case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Applied for 309 on 30 Sep last year; and still waiting for the visa as of today.

Status of visa changed to "Further Assessment" in February this year; but crickets since.

Also, I'm pregnant. My husband is in India; I'm stuck in Australia. We tried applying for the tourist visa for him but it's been a month now :(

Our migration agent was very positive that our visa would come quickly. This is definitely not the case.
Mine was further assessment on feb as well, had a request for document , from then nothing has come. Hope we will get it soon😫. I wish you get your one very soon, since you need that.🤞

·
Registered
6,741 Posts

9 months has been the median processing time for subclass 309 visas finalised in 2022, so far.

You are currently at just over 6 months.

6 weeks is the current median processing time for subclass 600 tourist stream visas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine was further assessment on feb as well, had a request for document , from then nothing has come. Hope we will get it soon😫. I wish you get your one very soon, since you need that.🤞
Thank you Sabi, hoping we can finally have our partners with us very soon and leave this stress and uncertainty behind!

·
Registered
6 Posts
9 months has been the median processing time for subclass 309 visas finalised in 2022, so far.

You are currently at just over 6 months.

6 weeks is the current median processing time for subclass 600 tourist stream visas.
Thank you for your reply.

I have actual nightmares about giving birth without my husband there with me

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Has anyone got 309 approval recently, how long does it take after the application has proceed to further assessment as the documents was uploaded as requested few months back.The processing office new delhi
Your answer would be much appreciated
Thank you
Here is my timeline to share with you guys
DOL 309 : 09/Mar/2022
Granted 309s: Waiting Room
All the best for everyone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you heard anything as of today for both the visas?
Hi Sabi, apologies, did not get a notification about your message to me from this thread

Got a call from my migration agent today who told me that 309 has been granted. I have now received my husband's Visa Grant Notification letter.

Timeline :

309 lodged : 30 Sep 2021
"Further assessment" status : somewhere in Jan 2021
309 granted : 3 June 2022

Don't lose hope everyone! It seems my visa took exactly 8 months - currently, average waiting time where 50% of them are granted is 9 months I think.

Best of luck to everyone here! Keep on gathering those docs and uploading them onto IMMI - I started uploading ultrasound photos over a month ago, it maaay have helped

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you heard anything as of today for both the visas?
Also, regarding the TOURIST VISA

I ended up withdrawing it last month, then applied for another visa 600 in the tourist stream and paid $1000. Lodged that one and paid for it on Friday 5pm ; and then on that very Monday, around 4pm, it got granted - a 12 month visa as well. Clearly, throwing money at the problem worked lol.

Of course, since my husband now got his 309, he will be travelling to Australia through his 309 visa rather than that tourist visa I paid $1000 for lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Sabi, apologies, did not get a notification about your message to me from this thread

Got a call from my migration agent today who told me that 309 has been granted. I have now received my husband's Visa Grant Notification letter.

Timeline :

309 lodged : 30 Sep 2021
"Further assessment" status : somewhere in Jan 2021
309 granted : 3 June 2022

Don't lose hope everyone! It seems my visa took exactly 8 months - currently, average waiting time where 50% of them are granted is 9 months I think.

Best of luck to everyone here! Keep on gathering those docs and uploading them onto IMMI - I started uploading ultrasound photos over a month ago, it maaay have helped
Congratulation
Very happy for you
Finally😊
May i know who is case officer for your visa😊

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congratulation
Very happy for you
Finally😊
May i know who is case officer for your visa😊
Hi, thank you :)

Interestingly - my migration agent and I could not view who our case officer is or if I was even assigned one - this made both of us nervous.

However, the Visa Grant letter is signed off with the name "Anglelito" (no last name included) - I have no idea if this was the case officer or the person who just wrote the letter

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also, regarding the TOURIST VISA

I ended up withdrawing it last month, then applied for another visa 600 in the tourist stream and paid $1000. Lodged that one and paid for it on Friday 5pm ; and then on that very Monday, around 4pm, it got granted - a 12 month visa as well. Clearly, throwing money at the problem worked lol.

Of course, since my husband now got his 309, he will be travelling to Australia through his 309 visa rather than that tourist visa I paid $1000 for lol
May I know what supporting document you provided for visa600? especially for 1 year visa

1 - 20 of 26 Posts