Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I'm new here so pls pardon if I fail to observe any protocol.
I'm writing from Ghana. my wife is an Australian and we submitted our 309 visa application on 12th March, 2018.
I received an email from my CO on 3rd April, 2018 requesting for my Medicals and police clearance and the passport and birth cert of our common child who was also born in Australia within 28days.
Could this be a sign the the visa might be granted soon all things being equal or we might still have to wait for the 10-14months? Thanks

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It's possible that a decision will be made shortly after providing requested info but sometimes people have waitd many more months after doing so. Some even nearly 12 months after supplying requested items. So no way to really tell but likely it'll be processed soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all!
I'm new here so pls pardon if I fail to observe any protocol.
I'm writing from Ghana. my wife is an Australian and we submitted our 309 visa application on 12th March, 2018.
I received an email from my CO on 3rd April, 2018 requesting for my Medicals and police clearance and the passport and birth cert of our common child who was also born in Australia within 28days.
Could this be a sign the the visa might be granted soon all things being equal or we might still have to wait for the 10-14months? Thanks
Upload the documents at your earliest and make sure you respond to the email as well confirming the submission of the documents. That's all you can do and the rest is up to them.

I got mine immediately after the document submission but others have gotten after a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Kangr!
Thanks for the info. indeed I had already arranged for my Medicals 4 days before receiving an email from the Department requesting for it. also I applied for a police clearance and received it 28th of March bt did not attach as I have read many say you wait till they are requested. I attached it plus our daughter's info requested on Thursday morning Ghana time. also fortunately the panel clinic concluded and submitted my Medicals on same Thursday. I received a message today Friday from the Department confirming the receipt of the requested documents and assuring me they'll continue processing the application and communicate with me within the earlier possible time.
I guess all have to do is wait now and hope all goes well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All!

Glad to inform you that my visa has been granted. 11th April, 2018. Less than a month after I submitted my application.

Though we knew we had a very strong case, we didn't take things for granted. We made sure we supported the application with loads of very well organized solid evidence. It's such a relief it paid off. Good luck to all who have applied.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi All!

Glad to inform you that my visa has been granted. 11th April, 2018. Less than a month after I submitted my application.

Though we knew we had a very strong case, we didn't take things for granted. We made sure we supported the application with loads of very well organized solid evidence. It's such a relief it paid off. Good luck to all who have applied.
Hey ShineBarak, Congratulations for the grant! Did your application went through Pretoria South Africa?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.