Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone who has recently lodged their 309 application or people from 2017 who still haven't had their applications finalised?

Would you mind sharing your Stories? did you submit police clearances and medical before they asked for them? how strong was your case? have you lived together? are you married?

My app was lodged April 2018, I understand that the processing time for decision at the moment is 75% 12 Months and 90% 16 months. But as you could all feel and imagine the wait is driving me crazy.

wishing everyone a quick and street free process.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I applied april 2017. still havent been processed. contacted by CO for my medical, state police, and partner AFP.
I applied for my AFP a few months after my 309, as the wait time was 8-11 months. so i assumed I would be good, but the times continued to increase, so i recently applied for a second (annoying)
some people here have had emails sent to them saying their visa is being processed, I havent received one yet...

Wait times on my immi say 12-16, but the website says 13-18. i dont know which one to believe

someone applied in 2018 on here with kids and they have already been processed.

unless you have a reason to believe your application would be expedited i would wait a while before applying for medicals and police stuff.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I applied april 2017. still havent been processed. contacted by CO for my medical, state police, and partner AFP.
I applied for my AFP a few months after my 309, as the wait time was 8-11 months. so i assumed I would be good, but the times continued to increase, so i recently applied for a second (annoying)
some people here have had emails sent to them saying their visa is being processed, I havent received one yet...

Wait times on my immi say 12-16, but the website says 13-18. i dont know which one to believe

someone applied in 2018 on here with kids and they have already been processed.

unless you have a reason to believe your application would be expedited i would wait a while before applying for medicals and police stuff.
When you lodged did you get an automated flag to get a medical?

I work at a migration agents so I've seen cases lodged this year already get their requests some get a flag next the their name for medicals some don't. I have all the advise I can get professionally but its not the same as hearing what is happening with cases from all of us going through it. when I lodged the wait time was 10 - 12 months for 90% so we got the medical and all police clearances done then it jumped to 13-18 months 10 days later. On the immi account it says 12-16 months and I'm going by that. immigration is updating this weekend so I'm sure they are adjusting the processing times.

Hopefully you get your Grant soon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How long after you lodged the application were you contacted to do your medical? I applied in January and have not heard anything yet... I obtained my police clearances already because they're relatively inexpensive but I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a medical exam to have to do it again in a year. But I also don't want to delay my process anymore than necessary since my daughter is separated from her father who is in Australia waiting for us. So between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

·
Registered
61 Posts
How long after you lodged the application were you contacted to do your medical? I applied in January and have not heard anything yet... I obtained my police clearances already because they're relatively inexpensive but I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a medical exam to have to do it again in a year. But I also don't want to delay my process anymore than necessary since my daughter is separated from her father who is in Australia waiting for us. So between a rock and a hard place at the moment.
it took them 11 months to reach out the first time. id honestly hold off on the other stuff too.
some people get them early because they are on visas in a country that they were not born in and have to wait longer to receive the checks.
if that is not you id wait at least 6 months to not waste the money.
however im not a migration agent, just a regular person who had to do AFP twice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.