Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from US and I'm on a 402 visa. I have three questions.

1) My visa is currently a 402 child care, but I would like to switch to a student visa and study an advance diploma in marketing. I currently have a BA in international studies and I'm completing an online MA in TESOL. (both have been disclosed on my second visa application for my 402) If I can prove that I have an online entity that filed for LLC for America in May, could that satisfy the genuine student requirement since I'm trying to start my own business?

2) My current visa ends Feb 2016. I would like to keep working up until Feb, but I would like to apply well before then. Can I do that and stay in country with my current visa?

3)I hear mixed stories about some countries not requiring proof of income. Does anyone have experience with Americans applying for student visas and not having to prove income? I have AUD, but I also have access to my USD bank account in America. I'm curious since this is my third visa, would this hurt me more.

Any insight on this would help. Ive been searching through net for hours trying to find some answers.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The moment your student visa is granted you lose your work rights until you start your course.

You can apply for your student visa in Australia. You can apply for it online the day before your 402 visa expires. You will be granted a Bridging visa immediately which will enable you to stay and start your course. You strudent visa will be granted shortly after that. If you are from the USA then you are Assessment Level 1. All you have to do is to declare that you have enough funding to pay for the course and living costs. Fundingrequirements depend on your home country and passport.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.