Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The market is abuzz with the opportunity for people to gain a 402 visa and therefore be able to stay whilst working and completing some on the job training program.

I would love to hear from a couple of 402 recipients (and employers) on the relative ease or pain of the process.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Applying for a 402 is complex. It requires that you have a qualified sponsor, and that you already have skills that are are going to be upgraded and improved by your employment and training.

There are companies that will sponsor you as long as you have a job lined up. I suggest that you consult with a Registered Migration Agent and find out whether you might be eligible to apply if a sponsorship is available.

Apart from the migration agents on this site I doubt with other members will be able to provide the advice you are looking for.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Hi Jeremy, the OP is a recently registered migration agent, who may not be aware that he is supposed to provide his MARN when posting here.

Sent from my iPhone using Australia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the leg up yes my MARN no is 1569037.

Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. I agree that it is complex and i am looking for any experiences coming back through the forum as i have had clients "get Excited" about becoming a 402 approved sponsor however the occupations they are wanting to sponsor are far too unskilled to warrant an application that has good prospects of success.

The employers in question are driven by the desire to work with a visa class that gives flexibility to go under the 457 TSMIT.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Hi Patrick,

I don't deal with 402 applications much, but they are definitely not an easy alternative to 457's. I believe that auditing/ monitoring is quite strict as well.

It would indeed be good to hear the experiences of sponsors and applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using Australia

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
402' are definitely not an easy alternative to a 457. The two main streams are Occupational Trainee and Registration. They are an ideal visa for Law graduates who need to do Aricles, hospitality graduates enrolled in a graduate management program or pharmacy graduates who need to study for registration.

Applications need to include an assessable training program.

If you have an eligible candidate an are not sure what to give Praveen Goyal a call at Mckkr's (McKkr's | Training and Internships) and see whether he can help you. They are able to do the sponsorships themselves as they are an RTO and will work with the candidates employer. They will also do all the necessary monitoring. They are not cheap but are really good at what they do. They solve a very real problem in providing sponsorship when employers are not able to.

McKkr's | Training and Internships

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.