Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

417 working holiday visa refusal.

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Maggie-May24 
#1 ·
Hi all,

So my application for my second year whv has been refused After waiting for six months on a bridging visa.

The reasons for the refusal where that it didn't sound like I'ddone work in conservation or farming, and that it sounded more like tourism. I spoke a lot about tourism in my application as I got confused between the requirements for a 417 and 462 visa. I also didn't enter as much proof of more information as I could have at the time. I now have less than 21 days to appeal this decison.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to appeal, as I have more information now and if it's possible could explain that I didn't mention the grounds work of my job as I didn't think it applied. It's nearly 2,000 dollars to appeal such a decision. Would there be Much Chance of the appeals company (AAT they're called) accepting my appeal? And if it is refused, would this effect my chances of coming back to Australia as a tourist in January?

#3 ·
Hi gal, the same thing has just happened to me. I'm absolutely devastated and trying to figure out if I should appeal or not?

I was on a bridging visa for 1 month while they decided so now have 30 days to leave. I can't find any clear advice anywhere so it would really help to find out what you did?

I completed 4 months farmwork but my friend died at home so I travelled back for his funeral in the middle of it. They've refused me because my passport left the country in between but was never asked to submit more information or payslips to prove I had actually completed it.

Pleeease let me know what you actually did in the end!

Hi all,

So my application for my second year whv has been refused After waiting for six months on a bridging visa.

The reasons for the refusal where that it didn't sound like I'ddone work in conservation or farming, and that it sounded more like tourism. I spoke a lot about tourism in my application as I got confused between the requirements for a 417 and 462 visa. I also didn't enter as much proof of more information as I could have at the time. I now have less than 21 days to appeal this decison.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to appeal, as I have more information now and if it's possible could explain that I didn't mention the grounds work of my job as I didn't think it applied. It's nearly 2,000 dollars to appeal such a decision. Would there be Much Chance of the appeals company (AAT they're called) accepting my appeal? And if it is refused, would this effect my chances of coming back to Australia as a tourist in January?

#4 ·
They've refused me because my passport left the country in between but was never asked to submit more information or payslips to prove I had actually completed it.
Wasn't that required as part of the application? AFAIK, you need to provide the evidence that you've completed the required work. They often don't ask for more information, it's incumbent on the applicant to provide everything that's needed for them to make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.