Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear All,

I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience from transitioning from a 457 visa to PR, under the 186 temporary residence transition stream/ENS.

Particularly in the case where the occupation they were sponsored under has been removed from all occupations lists, was the visa application for PR successful?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my case I am sponsored as a Life Scientist - nec, and was initially granted my 457 in Sept 2015 which lasted 18 months. My current 457 was granted in Feb 2017 for 4 more years and I have just applied for PR under 186 TRT/ENS as I have completed the 2 years of continued employment.

From having spoken to my MA and from them having done some research, the consensus is that holders of 457 would be 'Grandfathered' to the previous rules of 2 years of continued employment to be eligible for PR.

Additionally after the recent changes in april of 2017 the Migration Institute of Australia put out a statement that current holders of 457 would be unaffected by the changes, as TRT/ENS under the 186 stream is not based on occupation lists, instead is based on continued employment.

If anyone has some info it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Jordan

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Members of the Migration Institute of Australia are professional and knowledgeable. The MIA keeps up with all legislative changes informs members. I am a member of the MIA and have been for 17 years. I would take their word for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.