Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I currently have a 457 visa valid until 2021. I actually have a permanent job in another country, but they have allowed me to take leave for eight months per year to work at a temporary job here.

I understand that I cannot work for any other Australian employer, but I cannot find information about foreign income or foreign employers.

My query is: can I remain on the same 457 visa while I return to the other country to work for four months? I will still be employed by my employer here, but on leave. My foreign employer will pay me during those four months.

Or: do I need to cancel this visa, and obtain a new visa for when I return after those four months?

My salary is the same in both countries, but my eight month Australian income would be above the 457 threshold.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
AFAIK, the 457 requires that you are only working for your nominating employer and I suspect the overseas employment would then be a breach of your visa conditions. But I would suggest you speak with a registered migration agent as they are obviously more knowledgeable than me about this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.