Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone out there who can provide sound advice,

My situation is as such:

I am currently on a Bridging Visa A, Skilled Graduate Visa 485. But I have only got on this visa to buy time for myself as the company I am working for is willing to sponsor me. (This was realized only after I applied for the 485) The company has sponsored someone 2 years before and already has many Australians working under them.

As of now, I want to start an application for a 457 Long stay visa, and I have already done the AFP check, IELTS test and medical. The only issue I have is with the skills assessment. How does immigration go about assessing the skills? I have a diploma in mechanical engineering and I am from Singapore, and I have no work experience in this area. Is the diploma good enough for the skills assessment if my boss is willing to sponsor me already? The position would be for a mechanical engineering technician.

Anyone with quick sound advice do please help, it will be very much be appreciated.

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your sponsor has to apply for the visa for you, explaining that no Australian is more qualified than you for this position, basically. This is all explained on the immi webside. You don't need to do a skill assessment.
Unless anything has changed in the last 2 years....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.