Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

My other half is on the 457. We've been together since Oct '17 and lived together since Feb 2017 until present. I'm on the WHV + it ends in 6 weeks so I really need to lodge my new visa (we've been too busy to get round to it).

We have SO much evidence ready to lodge incl a registered relationship and all the usual docs like stat 888 witnesses, x2 bank accounts in use since April etc.

Our biggest hurdle is the fact I was only added to the lease in November but I have been living with my boyfriend since Feb :( He takes care of ALL the bills and I just pay him from my bank account.

Our agent is worried this will mess up the visa and I'm panicking so much because we love each other and have plans to stay together, so the thought of long distance is absolutely heartbreaking :(

Anyone have any advice on this? Just sucks because we actually love each other and have been together WELL over 6 months. :confused:

-> If I asked a neighbour we're friends with to write a stat dec + confirm we live together and he has known this since the duration of our tenancy, would that help?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hey,

My other half is on the 457. We've been together since Oct '17 and lived together since Feb 2017 until present. I'm on the WHV + it ends in 6 weeks so I really need to lodge my new visa (we've been too busy to get round to it).

We have SO much evidence ready to lodge incl a registered relationship and all the usual docs like stat 888 witnesses, x2 bank accounts in use since April etc.

Our biggest hurdle is the fact I was only added to the lease in November but I have been living with my boyfriend since Feb :( He takes care of ALL the bills and I just pay him from my bank account.

Our agent is worried this will mess up the visa and I'm panicking so much because we love each other and have plans to stay together, so the thought of long distance is absolutely heartbreaking :(

Anyone have any advice on this? Just sucks because we actually love each other and have been together WELL over 6 months. :confused:

-> If I asked a neighbour we're friends with to write a stat dec + confirm we live together and he has known this since the duration of our tenancy, would that help?
I don't understand why the lease issue is any drama at all. There are many ways to address this. Surely your agent should be able to suggest some solutions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey,

Our biggest hurdle is the fact I was only added to the lease in November but I have been living with my boyfriend since Feb
He takes care of ALL the bills and I just pay him from my bank account.

Our agent is worried this will mess up the visa and I'm panicking so much because we love each other and have plans to stay together, so the thought of long distance is absolutely heartbreaking

Anyone have any advice on this? Just sucks because we actually love each other and have been together WELL over 6 months.

I don't understand why the lease issue is any drama at all. There are many ways to address this. Surely your agent should be able to suggest some solutions.
Thanks - I hope so! On our witnesses' stat 888 forms they acknowledge how we both live together and how they've visited our apartment many times.

I'm asking my friend + her fiancé who stayed with us for a weekend to also write a stat 888!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.