Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am facing a peculiar situation and will appreciate your help and guidance here.
I was working in Melbourne on a 457 Visa and had brought my dependent mother as a 457 dependent to Australia. She stayed with me for over a year and left to her home town. I subsequently applied for 190 Visa and was granted the same. I am still working for my 457 sponsor and would like to bring my mother back to stay with me.
Since I have changed visa, can she enter Australia on her old 457 visa which is still active? How long will she be allowed to stay?

Thanks in advance.

Vicky

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Kelly for your response.

I noticed something interesting while making an online application for a new visa for my mom. The site is displaying a warning that she already holds a valid visa for travel to Australia.

I had also phoned the department helpline and they told that it depends on the immigration officer at the airport as there is no proper department guidelines available about this situation. Is that true? Will she be able to make it through by showing evidences that I am working for my original sponsor.

Regards,
Vishnu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.