Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm a first time poster here and I'm looking for help,

I'm currently 2 years into my 457 visa with my current employer, I have been with an Australian girl for the last 14 months and we have been living together. My mum, dad, brother and sister are all now Australian citizens as they came here 13 years ago.

I am currently unhappy in my current job and I am aware I can apply for permanent residency in august. but this means I have to stay with the company until the visa gets approved.

I would like to go on a partner visa so that I can leave my job however, Once a Partner Visa is lodged from a 457 your Bridging Visa will not be active until the 457 expires so i wouldn’t get full work rights until the partner Visa is approved unfortunately so would still need to comply with your 457 until its approved, meaning I need to stay with the company until the partner visa is approved.

If I left my 457 visa could I get a bridging visa. do I have any other options, I feel like the company who are sponsoring are taking advantage of this and I am not happy at the company any more.

any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
If your 457 visa were cancelled, as it might well be if you breach conditions by leaving your employer, the bridging visa A associated with an onshore partner visa would also be cancelled, leaving you in a most difficult situation.

Some people have applied for a visitor visa to 'kill' a 457 visa and there are other extreme strategies that can be employed, but I do not recommend any of them except as a last resort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.