Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

457 recent changes

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeremy Hooper 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone
Recently, I heard one changes on 457 regarding the change of employer, does anyone know that change in employer still counts on 2 years criteria to apply for permanent residency??
According to New rule, I heard it counts,but not sure, how far this is true.

#2 ·
Hello everyone Recently, I heard one changes on 457 regarding the change of employer, does anyone know that change in employer still counts on 2 years criteria to apply for permanent residency?? According to New rule, I heard it counts,but not sure, how far this is true.
The change that has occurred is in the eligibility of work experience that counts towards two years experience that be used to see whether you are eligible to apply for ENS/RMS visas under the transitional stream. Prior to the change you had to have 2 years experience in the same job with the same company. The new change allows the sponsors company ownership to change during the two years and still count the work experience as an an employee of both owners. However, the employee has to be employed in the same occupation. and employed at the same location.

Regards

#5 ·
Thanks Maggie,
My issue now is that I am on 457 visa, its been 15 months, another 9 months to go to apply for permanent residency, the company I am working now is about to shut down, I got another sponsership in different company,same occupation.but i am worried that I have to start over again.
Is there option that i can go for, so that i don't loose that 15 months.

Regards,

#7 ·
I got it Jeremy.
Also, One more thing, I already finish Bachelor in accounting 3 years ago,certificate IV and diploma in business managent 5 years ago, and diploma in IT 1.5 years ago and now my occupation is restaurant manager, which is based on business management certificate.
I I got 6 band in each on ielts, then is there any way i can apply for permanet residency via skill select.

Regards,

#8 ·
First, check if your occupation is in the SOL or in any State Nominated SOL
Then if your profession is in there try to check how many points you have

I have several friends restaurant manager and I think it is not in the SOL so they have to wait for the 2 years with same employer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.