Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’ve had my 457 refused last year in June due to not meeting the compelling circumstances since I had a student visa cancelled earlier last year (Feb). Although I had a good case I was badly advised by the migration agent that didn’t request enough documentation to support the claim. I got a bridging visa E and am Currently waiting for the AAT. I’ve got an Australian partner and we’ve lived together for 2 years. We could potentially apply for the partner visa but my question is: will I still be on the bridging E until a decision is made about my partner one? Can anyone help me with this please?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi, I've had my 457 refused last year in June due to not meeting the compelling circumstances since I had a student visa cancelled earlier last year (Feb). Although I had a good case I was badly advised by the migration agent that didn't request enough documentation to support the claim. I got a bridging visa E and am Currently waiting for the AAT. I've got an Australian partner and we've lived together for 2 years. We could potentially apply for the partner visa but my question is: will I still be on the bridging E until a decision is made about my partner one? Can anyone help me with this please?
Yes you will still be on bridging visa E and will need to again meet the compassionate/compelling circumstances to justify the need to submit the application onshore. Suggest going to a migration agent (perhaps a different one from your earlier experience -there's a number of this forum) to discuss your options. You may have to go off shore and apply for a partner visa from there.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Get a good MARA registered agent.

Based on the history of your case answering new questions probably won't assist you in making smart decisions especially as we don't know your background - especially if your blaming migration agents for the failed visa, schedule 3 is not fun.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
If you apply for an onshore partner visa under the current circumstances , you will receive a schedule 3 request within weeks. Unless those can be dealt with, you’ll be wasting your money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, very helpful. I may hadnt been clear as I wasn’t blaming the previous migration agent but I believe I could have had better chances if I was properly advised. I’ll probably wait for the hearing then, and if it’s a negative outcome I’ll look at the visa other options. It’s just a frustrating waiting game.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.