Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am living in Hong Kong and would like to move to Australia. Where can I find employers who can sponsor my 457? I know there are some people go on WHV and then get offered a 457. I don't know if they do this as a short cut or do they just happened to have an offer to stay. But I think this is kind of risky, what if i cannot find a sponsor? anyone has any suggestions? thank you!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
It is absolutely risky. Most people who go over on a WHV will not find a permanent sponsor this way. There's no shortcut to finding an employer - if you want to try to find a job from where you are currently, use a job website like seek.com.au. But keep in mind, many employers don't hire from overseas to start with, and it will be an even smaller pool of employers who are willing to sponsor, and a smaller pool still who actually will qualify to act as a sponsor.

You did check to make sure your job is on the CSOL and so can be sponsored, right? And your job is NOT on the SOL (because if it is, you'd likely be better off just applying for PR yourself rather than going the 457 route)?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks college girl. i did look up on seek.com.au, found a few that will consider 457 sponsorship for the right candidate. i am hoping to move to aussie next year. but by that time, the jobs might not be there anymore. is there is an agency that helps overseas workers land a job with sponsorship arrangement?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.