Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with regards to the 457/TSS visa (2 years). I am about to lodge an application for this visa (I have a job offer from a registered sponsor). I plan to be in Australia in early March. If the visa hasn't been processed by then, which seems to be a distinct possibility, am I able to enter Australia on a tourist visa (I already have a multiple entry, electronic tourist visa valid until late August) and wait out the TSS visa being issued?

Any help you can offer would be grand, as we are keen to start booking flights as we plan to travel around Asia for a while before we arrive.

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with regards to the 457/TSS visa (2 years). I am about to lodge an application for this visa (I have a job offer from a registered sponsor). I plan to be in Australia in early March. If the visa hasn't been processed by then, which seems to be a distinct possibility, am I able to enter Australia on a tourist visa (I already have a multiple entry, electronic tourist visa valid until late August) and wait out the TSS visa being issued?

Any help you can offer would be grand, as we are keen to start booking flights as we plan to travel around Asia for a while before we arrive.

Many thanks :)
Any one with any ideas on this? Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
There is no issue entering the country whilst another visa application is processing as long as you hold a valid visa to do so and comply with any conditions attached.

Some visas require you to be offshore at the time of grant if you applied offshore. I don't know if that's the case here.

If and when a new substansative visa is granted it will overrule the previous one you hold.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no issue entering the country whilst another visa application is processing as long as you hold a valid visa to do so and comply with any conditions attached.

Some visas require you to be offshore at the time of grant if you applied offshore. I don't know if that's the case here.

If and when a new substansative visa is granted it will overrule the previous one you hold.
Thanks Mania, I thought that was the case. I just need to establish whether I need to be off shore for the visa grant now, I suppose. I don't think I do, but would like to be certain.

Cheers

C

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Oh and considering your 457/TSS application Immi may ask why you are entering on a tourist visa and may question as to wether you are a genuine tourist.

I suggest travelling with a strong itinerary and only tourist based items, if your a doctor don't bring your spyhgmomanometer and gold plated stethoscope for instance as this will potentially be questioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.