Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.

New to this site and need some help.

I'm currently on a 457 visa (4 year) which I got granted back in October 2011.

I have worked as a Project Manager my full time working in Australia.

I moved company in November 2013 due to the previous company going broke. So basically from when I started work again there is only 1 year and 11 months left of my current 457 visa.

I understand to transition to permanent (subclass 186 visa) through your employer you have to work with them for 2 years. So I think I am stuck there?

Is there any other options?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
If you qualify for a skilled independent visa (e.g. 189 or 190) that would remove any tie to your employer. Or if you need/want to maintain the employer sponsorship, then you could look into applying under the Direct Entry steam. It's only the temporary resident transition stream that requires you to have 2 years under the 457 with your sponsoring employer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the response.

Here's the thing. I am sponsored as a project manager however vetassess will not assess my qualifications as that because I do not hold a relevant degree. However they will assess me ok as a project administrator. Because my 457 is project manager, can I 186 direct entry into a project administrator role?

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I'm not overly familiar with the Direct Entry stream, but I don't believe it's a problem if you apply under a different occupation than the 457. You may want to post in the Ask Mark! thread (in the sticky section at the top of the forum thread list) to confirm this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.