Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a job as a dentist, rural sponsorship. If I stay with the same employer (South Australian Dental service); is there any way around the 2 year waiting period before i can apply for a permanent class visa (eg857)?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I have a job as a dentist, rural sponsorship. If I stay with the same employer (South Australian Dental service); is there any way around the 2 year waiting period before i can apply for a permanent class visa (eg857)?
Being on a 457 for two years is one way of being eligible for an 856 PR Employer Sponsored visa but if you have the appropriate qualifications as I'd expect you would for a dentist and three years experience if the employer is eligible and willing to sponsor they can sponsor you any time.

With the 857, it is even more straightforward for all you need to hold is the qualifying visa, the 457 and have the appropriate qualifications.
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)
So again, if the employer is eligible and I'd expect the SA dental Service is, if they are willing, then it should not be a problem.

Some employers may be loathe to head towards PR sponsorship for fear of losing an employee once they have PR but with the 857, you'll find the application does have a commitment to the employment.

Of course there is also the independent skilled visa approach if you're eligible and with State Migration Plans soon [ hopefully ] to be announced, a priority application should not take too long and cost is the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for prompt and informative reply. My employer has agreed to sponsor me for the PR visa asap so that should be OK. I will probably go for the 857 as I am over 60 and will need all the help I can get to around the age problem.
Many thnaks
Matt

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thank you for prompt and informative reply. My employer has agreed to sponsor me for the PR visa asap so that should be OK. I will probably go for the 857 as I am over 60 and will need all the help I can get to around the age problem.
Many thnaks
Matt
Good luck with that and as you're prepared to be working in a regionally classified area though SA is in total, there also being a shortfall of dental services and the Australian government having not long raised retirement age, I hope it goes well for you.
Many pople in medical fields do work on well past 65 as the retirement age now is and if you are so inclined, it would not hurt to mention that even if it may be considered a throw away line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks for that. I intend to work untill I check out. I'll certainly try and weave that fact into my story. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.