Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
i am currently on a 457 visa expiring in 2020 , currently payed for all fees regarding transition to PR but unable to lodge my application as current employer dose not meet the training bench marks and we are waiting for this to be abolished. there is also a possibility some of the brands in the group i work for my be sold as its a public company adding another stress to this issue (i could move across other brands to stray within the group to then lodge my application).

is there other options to apply for PR independently from my employer? i have a brother that is P resident that has ability for citizenship is there a chance from this pathway? or is my best option to hang in until all the stars align ?

thanks any advise will be great full

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Do you meet the requirements for a sc. 189, 190 or 489 visa?

Reactions: andro1980

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Do you meet the requirements for a sc. 189, 190 or 489 visa?
below is a list on current situation i am more than willing to restart the process if there is a probability of this pathway working.

*profession is , 232311
*i have been with employer for 2 years
*completed VETASSESS
*British passport do i need to take IELTS ?
*age under 40
*Degree graduate
*over 10 years international experiance

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Happy to have a look after the weekend. If you’re eligible for a points tested visa, scoring high IELTS result will give extra points ( 10 or 20). No points for “competent English” ( UK passport) .

Reactions: andro1980

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happy to have a look after the weekend. If you're eligible for a points tested visa, scoring high IELTS result will give extra points ( 10 or 20). No points for "competent English" ( UK passport) .
Thank you Nick willing to call you to discuss further on Monday. Hope this all works out. I understand as it's point driven passport has no points associated to langauage I'm assuming.

Thanks again and speak soon

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi there,
i am currently on a 457 visa expiring in 2020 , currently payed for all fees regarding transition to PR but unable to lodge my application as current employer dose not meet the training bench marks and we are waiting for this to be abolished. there is also a possibility some of the brands in the group i work for my be sold as its a public company adding another stress to this issue (i could move across other brands to stray within the group to then lodge my application).

is there other options to apply for PR independently from my employer? i have a brother that is P resident that has ability for citizenship is there a chance from this pathway? or is my best option to hang in until all the stars align ?

thanks any advise will be great full
Just looked up your occupation and no options under general skilled migration. Sc. 187 RSMS seems to be the only realistic pathway at the moment.

There are some limited options under state nomination for South Australia, but there are additional requirements to be met:

Supplementary Skilled List and Special Conditions Apply

There could be ways to sort out the training requirements, if the sponsor is willing to spend money and honour his sponsorship obligations.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much for your time today Nick! you have been amazing . full of knowledge much appreciated i have an appointment tomorrow to find out the true status of my visa and i will give you an update soon

thanks again and speak soon
A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.