Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Looking for some advice... I understand that after 2 years into my 457 I’m eligible to apply for PR. That so far is basically all I know, I’m unsure what’s involved in that transition? One of my main questions is that by seeking PR in transition from my current 457 does that mean I would be tied into another employment contract with my current employer in order to gain PR?

My 2 year mark will be coming up in May 2018, which no doubt will be here in no time! Also I note my occupation is no longer on the list!
Again, something that when I try to research I’m finding very mixed messages considering the new TSS scheme about what my visa status will be after the two years?...

My other option if I cannot obtain PR through the employment route is my partner (Australian) and I apply for defacto visa next year. However I'm to the understanding that even if I apply for a Defacto visa, whilst that gets processed I'll still have to abide by my current 457 visa terms (i.e. stuck with this employer).
Or - if I applied for defacto OFFSHORE, would that help?
All very confusing! Appreciate your thoughts... thanks all :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.