Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I m Raúl from Spain.
I ve been living in adelaide for 2 years with my family and I got some questions about the 457 visa without being the main applicant.
My parents are about to leave Australia in 3 months and I would like to stay.
It is going to expire in february 2020 so that means that I should be able to stay until then but my parents are leaving the country in July and I dont know if my visa is going to finish there. Therefore I will be 25 in July too and that means that I wont be dependant anymore. I m so confuse, I didn't realize about it until last week and my goal is to get the 887 visa next year once I got the 1 year full-time experience on a restaurant that my boss and me are traying to run.
Do you know if it is possible to stay by using the visa that I already have? Whats going to happen with me in July, do I need to leave if I m not dependant anymore?
Help..

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If one of your parents is the primary holder of the 457 visa, once they leave their employer both the visa holder and the employer are obligated to notify DoHA that the employment has ended and (eventually) DoHA will take steps to cancel the 457 visas of all the visa holders. Until that happens, you are able to remain in Australia on the visa you hold.

You refer to getting an 887 visa, which you cannot apply for from a 457 visa. If you hold a 457 you would need to see what other visa options you may be eligible for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.